DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, would you other guys with shaved doors post pics of where the popper springs have been mounted on your QC door frames?

One of my front doors is just a bit cranky; it doesn't like to clear all the way. I'm thinking maybe if I put the popper more towards the back of the door, it would go better.

Thanks,
Glen

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
I dont have pics but my friends have shaved doors and their poppers are located in the bottom rear, towards the rear door. They put it there because they said the others didnt pop as much. Sorry i dont have pics, hope that helped.

· Registered
48 Posts
The popper should be placed as close to the latch as possable on the flatest surface.If you put a popper at the bottom of the door,it pushes the bottom out when closed and the top in,in other words it "working the door when closed" wich is what you dont want,when its placed close to the latch,the load is in the middle and evenly placed on the door.The spring action is right where it needs to be,close to the latch when the solenoid is activated by your key fob.Heavy spring pressure is not needed,all that is needed is enough push to clear the latch once the solenoid unhooks the claw in that split second.The closer the spring pressure is to the latch the better,the farther away it is = less push in the area that needs it the most.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for these pics; you won't believe where these guys put my poppers! I'll snap a few pics tonight. I don't recommend them where I got them, which is towards the front of each door.

Granted, they are more hidden from view, but they just don't have enough 'oomph' sometimes...

· Registered
16,087 Posts
stupid question guys... What do you do should your battery run dead? and Im only asking because I have no idea... seriously... it would seem like that would make for a shitty morning... Surely its happened to someone before?

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dskirtech said:
stupid question guys... What do you do should your battery run dead? and Im only asking because I have no idea... seriously... it would seem like that would make for a shitty morning... Surely its happened to someone before?
This has been covered before in some older threads: there is connection (usually hidden away) where you can hook up an external power source (like another battery) and pop one of the doors.

· Registered
16 Posts
A friend of mine's got a lil toyota with shaved handles and he has a button under is truck that when you push it, it opens his doors. it also helps when the battery on your remote dies as well. :VHOT: could deffinatly make for a bad morning

· Registered
16,087 Posts
XPLOSV said:
This has been covered before in some older threads: there is connection (usually hidden away) where you can hook up an external power source (like another battery) and pop one of the doors.

Sorry for reasking the question.. guess I could have searched... But the solution makes sense... thanks for the explaination

· Registered
48 Posts
They sell fleet jumper cables wich bolt directly onto your battery and comes down into a push in plug connector underneath,you take the other part and connect to the donor car battery or car battery you have in trunk as spare from boneyard....push plug together underneath,now both the charging vehicle and dead vehicle are now connected and chargeing as one...press key fob door will open.

Also you can have whats called an all weather push button switch,located somewhere on the vehicle,off this switch one wire connects to your power side of the door solenoid direct,the other side of the switch goes up to your battery for power,incase you are locked out....Now if the battery dies,you hook a small jumper wire up to the back of this button switch and run 12v from and outside source direct through this switch to the solenoid and your in.

The last way is a emergency pull wire hooked up to the latch,run through the door and out either under the truck towards the hood or out the back towards the bed area....pull wire claw unhooks from latch and your in.

There is 3 ways i just showed to skin this cat..lol

· Banned
2,424 Posts
i will be shaving my doors soon. anyone used the autoloc "tap sensor" thing?

· Victims arent we all
1,828 Posts
Pvo is right u want the load of the popper pushing against the latch, not in a hidden corner this will be throwing the weight of the door off then the silonoid will have a hard time pulling the assembly latch down to open, heres mine, i have it about 6inches from the latch on the door itself, its a autoloc adjustable door popper,

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.