DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought these doors panels from a wrecked srt-10. When they arrived one of them had been damaged. The top piece on the driver panel that says "Infinity audio system" broke off in transit. It is attached to the main door panel by three melted plastic prongs and a single clip - see the pictures below. All three melted components are broken. Can anyone think of a way to fix this somewhat easily. The clip will hold it on but I think it will rattle if i don't somehow secure it better. I guess there is always gorilla glue as a last resort.

~Dave

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures

Attachments

·
Village Idiot
114 Posts
I think I would try drilling what's left of the posts (if they have enough meat and you have the patience) and using a shallow sheet metal screw with a washer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whip said:
I think I would try drilling what's left of the posts (if they have enough meat and you have the patience) and using a shallow sheet metal screw with a washer.

THats a great idea.... Keep em coming

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Hey Man, Good to meet you at the GTG, I'm not too sure what I'm seeing but would silicone work for you? I'd like to have the silver spears that are on that style door panel... What did you pay for them if you don't mind?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Hot glue gun might work

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Silicone is your best bet along with melting a few spots to hold it in place . Reason i say is that hot glue will heat up enough to come loose trust me on this one. A good silicone will hold it without a problem and once its in place it will not move . When i bought my panels off of ebay they arrived broke also. :rck:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
remelt it

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
I agree with the silicone. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Some people take those off and put tweeter pods in them and then reattach them. I always wondered what was all involved with taking those off.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
gc714 said:
Hey Man, Good to meet you at the GTG, I'm not too sure what I'm seeing but would silicone work for you? I'd like to have the silver spears that are on that style door panel... What did you pay for them if you don't mind?

Thanks for all the input guys!!

GC714, Great to meet ya too. Your remote start and system were awesome! I bought the the panels on ebay for $150 for the pair. I figure I can probably sell mine once I install the new ones.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
byrdawg13 said:
remelt it
I would remelt it but there doesnt seem to be much material to work with on the pegs. What would be the best way to cleanly melt 'em

·
Registered
52 Posts
try using a clear epoxy from the hardware or auto parts, i used some on my son's radiator over flow bottle and not one leak or problem with it.

·
3,401 Posts
davids94 said:
Thanks for all the input guys!!

GC714, Great to meet ya too. Your remote start and system were awesome! I bought the the panels on ebay for $150 for the pair. I figure I can probably sell mine once I install the new ones.
Very smart move! I hope you get most of your money back, then the mod is sooo much nicer!!!

Thanks for the compliment, since then I figured out the problem I had, and now my windows work up & down with the remote!!!

You plan on going back to the track ever?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I'll probably head back to the track soon! I really want to run my truck. Andrew and I will probably make a day of it , I'll let you know when.

I used some silicone to put the pieces back together. Those srt doors make a big difference. It came with the silver lock and window controls too. THanks for all the suggestions!

·
3,401 Posts
Awesome!!! But where are the pics? I know you have a camera!!!

So would you have a pass. side black window switch to sell? Mine has a tab underneath that is broke. I guess I could silicone it too though! Lol

I definatly want to get some times at the track, not just look like an ass....

·
Acoustics
1,333 Posts
CT'S HEMI said:
try using a clear epoxy from the hardware or auto parts, i used some on my son's radiator over flow bottle and not one leak or problem with it.
I 2nd that...epoxy would be great! some even heat up when the 2 compounds mix and it gives a better adhesion. I got some stuff call DURAMIX 4147 that works crazy fast but is very expensive($40) and its about 1.5X more than your average epoxy(roughly)! Duramix might have something cheaper

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gc714 said:
Awesome!!! But where are the pics? I know you have a camera!!!

So would you have a pass. side black window switch to sell? Mine has a tab underneath that is broke. I guess I could silicone it too though! Lol

I definatly want to get some times at the track, not just look like an ass....
I'll take some pics tomorrow morning.

Regarding the switch, the one that came on the new door panel had 3 or 4 tabs broken so I took the actual window and lock switches out of the new (srt) one and put them into the original one. Seems like a really common thing. I was extra careful with them.

·
3,401 Posts
gotcha, but you lost the silver top?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gc714 said:
gotcha, but you lost the silver top?
Only the toggles themselves are silver on the new doors. The plastic piece that they sit in is still black. Are you looking for just the toggle or piece they sit in (the piece that says "door lock" on it)?

Haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet. I'll try to get some up sometime today though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.