DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. heres the deal.. my door locks unlock and lock when im driving, like a million times. up down up down to no end.
what should i be looking at to see if its malfuctioning. i have a viper alarm to.
thanks.
larry

·
Registered
226 Posts
sounds like a short to power problem. Does it only happen while you drive?

You mention you have a viper alarm, Disable the alarm, and what I mean by that is disconnect power to your alarm, See if it still happens... if it doesn't continue to happen. Then you know that it has something to do with your alarm

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks xprodigy! yes only happens while driving. ill disconnect the viper at the relay while the turkeys cooking.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
This happend on my moms old Lincoln that we had. It would lock with the speed (think it locks at 15) then it would sence that the drivers door was open and do the unlock/lock thing. I would assume it's the same thing that is happening with you. The doors on these trucks lock at 15 and unlock when a door is opened. It is probably sensing that a door is opened somewhere.

It however has nothing to do with your viper system. They use the factory system to lock/unlock the doors and that's about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.