DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both doors on my 95' ram have worn bushings and hinge pins. They sound just lovely when I open and close them. If you could imagine. Any way. Does any one have information on a kit to repair these hinges?

Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You can buy a pins and bushing kit at your local parts store. Probly set you back about 10-15 bucks for the 4 pins and 8 bushings. If the ones you buy do not have a groove for a retaining clip then make sure to put a tack weld on the end of it so it can't work it's way out on ya. Use a Vicegrip and hammer to beat them out with. Isn't too hard to do. May want an extra set of hands to hold the door while you put the bushings in. Make sure that you tap them in easily so you don't break off any of the surface area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problems I ran into though with looking for door hinge hardware, was that the Dealers fix was new hinges and no suggestions. The answer at the parts stores was to match one up, nothing specific for my model. I am looking for source information or if any one has solved this problem by finding a kit. It's just that I can't seem to find a fix in the area which I live. Something more specific would be more helpful.

Thanks all.

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
http://www.rbinc.com/
Item Number: 38423
Description:
Brand: MOTORMITE
Application: Fits Dodge Ram Trucks 2002-94. Kit includes 2 pins and 2 bushings. Sizes: .373" x 3.25" (pin), .342" x 2.79" (pin), .376" x .495"x .250" (bushing), .345"x .430" x .300" (bushing)
Detail Buyers Guide

Attributes:
Type : Hinge Pin & Bushing Kit

--OR--

http://ken-co.com/hingepin/door-chart.htm
Truck Door Pin Bushing Kit
Part # Mfr. OEM Vehicles
94DPU Dodge - Ram Pick-Ups
- 1/2, 3/4, 1 Ton 94-2004

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for coming through 99ram1500. That's what I was looking for.
I called ten parts stores yesterday about anything available to replace my hinge pins
and my reply was always " can't find anything". That's why I like this forum for times
when you run into a dead looking for something.

Thanks.

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
No prob... google can find some of the greatest stuff. If you figure out a way to order them let us know. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.