are looking dull on my 04

anyone made the factory black ones look new again
how?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Jeremy
1,992 Posts
Not a fan of it but i wanted to take mine down and paint them or something. Mine are looking dull.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mothers Back to Black will help make the door handles look new again. Try that, you can get it at an auto parts store.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
i had the chrome ones on for about a year. they didn't fair to well in the winter so i took them off. they fit good though

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Fukken Wax will make your handles black again, it only lasts a couple weeks on the handles though. But if you clean often it's not hard to wipe them down with everything else.

You could also paint-match your handles and maybe mirrors.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
What kind of handles are the ones in that pic in the 1st post??

I have $80 TFP stick ons that I havent had a problem with. Chromed Stainless Steel

I would like to see the Aspen door handles on a ram (same handles I think).

Color matched may be your best choice though.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
I had the Putco stick on ones for a while and just recently removed them...at first I loved them...by the time I took them off I hated them. I want to paint mine to match it's just that I'll have to get a donor set first.

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
531 Posts
Mothers back to black

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Nvm I figured it out, AMI via AutoAnything.com

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I had the Putco stick on ones for a while and just recently removed them...at first I loved them...by the time I took them off I hated them. I want to paint mine to match it's just that I'll have to get a donor set first.
ive been thinking about painting my chrome ones to match and them sticking them back on...

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Ive got the metal chrome stick ones and have been there for a long time now. Ive never had any issues with them.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
With how common the black plastic fade is, there are plenty of spray can solutions out there. Just stop by an autozone/o'reillys and pick up a can. Tape off the surrounding body panel (or take them off), and spray them. Give em a half day to dry and you're good.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
With how common the black plastic fade is, there are plenty of spray can solutions out there. Just stop by an autozone/o'reillys and pick up a can. Tape off the surrounding body panel (or take them off), and spray them. Give em a half day to dry and you're good.
I did the trim on my wifes Mini like this. I used the Krylon gloss black from Walmart, some 2" wide masking tape and lots of newspaper. I wiped it down with alcohol, let it dry and sprayed a few coats.

She loved it.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'm thinking of the chrome stick on's as well- pretty much because I don't really know what to do with a Maroon Truck. I'm a Black/Gray/Blue kinda guy and this Maroon is really throwing me off!

I'm thinking to keep it "classy" looking, chrome is the way to go- but not too much chrome...

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Her favorite color is chrome!!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Run she may, Shine she must....But if it don't go...CHROME IT..!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I did the trim on my wifes Mini like this. I used the Krylon gloss black from Walmart, some 2" wide masking tape and lots of newspaper. I wiped it down with alcohol, let it dry and sprayed a few coats.

She loved it.
Haha your truck and a mini in a drive way. LMAO!! That must be a hoot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.