DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My name is King, Vi-King!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been nurturing DodgeTalk lately. Nor have I been nurturing my Durango so it's needing a caring hand and I was wondering if you could give me a little advice.

The front passenger door is acting strangely, like it's getting loose or something. It's untight and gives an ugly sound when opened :( Does it sound familiar? How do I fix that?

It's been a bit cold and the right wiper froze. Now only the left one moves when I turn them on. The right just barely moves. Did something brake?

As you can hear, I'm not much of a handy man. I'm counting on you guys (and gals) :)

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Not sure about the door :dunno: did you check the hinges and latch?
That would be my first guess that something came loose.

On the wiper you can check if the nuts are still tight for the wiper arms and linkage, just pop your hood and you will see 2 nuts for the drive side arm and 1 for the passenger side arm. I would loosen them, take them off, clean and put them back on with some grease or anti-seeze on them.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new RAM :)

I checked and didn't see anything. Don't really know what to look for. I'm just a bit worried cause my wife might get pissed if the door falls off. She hates the draft ;)

I'll try that with the bolts for the wipes.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
d-ice remove your door panel and check the inside make sure nothing is really rusted in there. try some wd40 or penetrating oil on the hinges to see if that helps... yup check yer nuts!:D

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
Open your door half way, grab ahead at the outer most edge, see if you can move it up and down. If it moves quite a bit and easily, then the hinges are shot. Usually they have three or four bolts holding them on and are easy to change.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If the right blade was frozen solid - the spline from the arm may have stripped too.

But still - check the bolts first - you may get lucky.

Did someone let the d/s door get pulled too far open (over-extend the hinges) by the wind?

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
I'm just a bit worried cause my wife might get pissed if the door falls off.
No kidding. Happened to my wife with an 88 Chev Beretta we had as our 2nd car - she was in pain for weeks. We didn't know about a recall on the hinges. So definitely check the hinges.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No kidding. Happened to my wife with an 88 Chev Beretta we had as our 2nd car - she was in pain for weeks. We didn't know about a recall on the hinges. So definitely check the hinges.
Really? I didn't think those things could just fall off, though they might get a bit loose.

Now, I've got an appointment at a garage tomorrow to change oil and fix this stuff (pretty cool guys actually, they modify trucks to drive to the North Pole and the South Pole.).

But there's still a little problem. When I start the car, it just shuts down 2 sec later. It starts normally, but the dashboard meters don't show any reaction. Any idea what might now be the problem? I can't drive it so I can't make it to my appointment tomorrow morning if I can't figure this out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Dead battery on your key.....
Do you have a red round light on the dash that stays on between the tach and speedo?
It is somewhere in the top slightly to the right of the dash, ells if there is an issue with the sentry key.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is it some sort of theft protection?

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just went out and started the car again. It shut down in 2 secs like before. The red light you mentioned did not light up the whole time. The head lights don't come on, though the readio does and the dashboard lights.

When I tried to start it again, nothing happened, it stopped starting. I noticed that the thermometer showed -40°! Strange.

Should I try to jump start it?

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I just went out and started the car again. It shut down in 2 secs like before. The red light you mentioned did not light up the whole time. The head lights don't come on, though the readio does and the dashboard lights.

When I tried to start it again, nothing happened, it stopped starting. I noticed that the thermometer showed -40°! Strange.

Should I try to jump start it?
Good point! Could also be your battery! Try the jump start...can't hurt!

·
The Musical Enforcer
793 Posts
Hope things work out for you!

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's strange. Head lights don't work. Thermometer doesn't work (shows -40°) Isn't it just a fuse that's blown? Do you know what fuse is for the headlights?

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't find it, neither in the manual nor on the cover. I'll just swap them one by one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.