DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this the other day and wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. Whenever I open either front door, the top of the door (hinge side) cuts into the outside weatherstriping cushion runnin up the pilar.

Anyone else have this problem with any negative effects? I think all the damage that has been done is all thats going to be done..

I hope its just me, if not, maybe its was overlooked by DC?

Sorry if this happens to you now and dont know about it.. I see it every time i get in the truck now!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sigh.. do a search on the forum for this topic. There IS a TSB out for it. Im too lazy to go look it up myself. I'm on vacation :cool:

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did do a search with no luck

Bah, NM. Stupid spelling..

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
There is a TSB for 04's weather stripping. I have an '03 with the problem as does your '05 and I have heard nothing on how much help we'll get out of it. You should be well under warranty so just take it in.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Russellabjr said:
Just noticed this the other day and wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. Whenever I open either front door, the top of the door (hinge side) cuts into the outside weatherstriping cushion runnin up the pilar.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/23-008-04.htm
Had this TSB done myself. It will fix your problem. They remove the old
drip seal and replace it with one that has a lower profile. :)

Sil

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
Sil, do you have any problems with added wind noise with the lower profile seal? I've been meaning to get mine in for it but haven't gotten there yet.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
FreakshowWilly said:
Sil, do you have any problems with added wind noise with the lower profile seal? I've been meaning to get mine in for it but haven't gotten there yet.
Don,

Not at all. Went on a long trip couple weeks back and everything was
quiet. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mine has worn a nice U into the weather strip. I shiver at the thought of taking my truck to the dealership for anything after past experiences. I'm going to leave well enough alone. No leaks or wind noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.