DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever thought about usings donuts from a magnum or a charger for the front tires?

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
For the front, you have to stay with a 17" rim. You could go skinnier but I wouldnt go too thin because that is still alot of weight on the front end.

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
Beast2, What size tires do you have in the front?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I am currently running 225/55/17's on a pair of 17x8 wheels, but I have some M&H 26x5.5x17's in my near future on 17x5 wheels.

·
Registered
114 Posts

here is my new setup

and my new plates

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
Mikes05THUNDER said:

here is my new setup

and my new plates
whats the best time u ran nice setup and on a 4x4 im curious

·
Registered
114 Posts
dont know yet, just got them on saturday, hopefully somewhere in the 13's

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
mike does your truck always have that much rake? or is that because of the tires??? my truck seemed to get alot better traction when i lowered the rear level to the front of the truck.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
dline said:
mike does your truck always have that much rake? or is that because of the tires??? my truck seemed to get alot better traction when i lowered the rear level to the front of the truck.
If my truck was for the strip only, I would drop the rear another 2". Maybe I should go ahead and do it, but buy street tires that are 2" taller in the rear?

·
Registered
114 Posts
it has a tiny bit of rake, but the front tires are so small it makes it look worse, from what i have found on the street it grips really good and pulls really hard compared to what it was like before, all i have to say is that if i dont get into the 13's im going to light my truck on fire haha

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have a friend that runs factory skinnies on his camaro... he is in the 11s, and almost pulls the front wheels...

·
Registered
413 Posts
utfan4lyf24 said:
has anyone ever thought about usings donuts from a magnum or a charger for the front tires?
Not only the bolt pattern, but the fact that they are only rated for 55 MPH!!!
GUY1: Whats your new 1/4 mile time? GUY2:Oh 26.2 seconds... GUY1:What?!?! GUY2:Yeah, I cant go any faster than 55MPH on my front donuts... LOL :thatfunny

·
Registered
413 Posts
mxtime said:
Not only the bolt patter, but the fact that they are only rated for 55 MPH!!!
GUY1: Whats your new 1/4 mile time? GUY2:Oh 26.2 seconds... GUY1:What?!?! GUY2:Yeah, I cant go any faster than 55MPH on my front donuts... LOL :thatfunny
But, like beast said, I like the way you think...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have never raced a 1/4 mile... i have only raced 1/8s... around 50 passes or so. i think 30 mph over rated will be ok right?

·
Registered
605 Posts
better to be safe than sorry, and not try. thats just my .02, but it's not my truck so do whatever you feel. if you get good results, then you'll be a hero, if not, well then you know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.