DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 40 series FM less than a year and one of the bafflers is broke and makes a clanking noise. My boss had the same and his completely rusted out in under 5 years. I want something LOUD! Just the muffler, i will dump it. GIVE ME IDEAS!

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Magnaflow would be your best bet.

I'd had Flows on my cars since god knows.. 1993 - and not one problem. I have had over 10 Flows.. no problem. Love my current one 50HD Series.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I had a flowmaster on mine for 2 years and no problems, just traded it out for a magnaflow and its just as loud at WOT, but almost stocklike at idle... very niiiice ;)

-David

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Cherry Bomb Extreme 3" in 2.5" dual out dumped here. The neighbors love me at 4 AM when I leave for the gym! As much as I love the sound, I may go to something a little mellower. I wake my own house just at start up.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Anything stainless will last. As far as loud, magnaflows are generally on the quieter side. An aeroturbine would be pretty loud. If you want louder, straight pipes or a cutout.

·
4,471 Posts
Anything stainless will last. As far as loud, magnaflows are generally on the quieter side. An aeroturbine would be pretty loud. If you want louder, straight pipes or a cutout.
I agree... I would recommend going with a magnaflow muffler (on the quiet side) and then get an e-cutout (on the HOLY SHEET side) then just flip a switch after you get out of the neighborhood and let her rip... 2x as loud as a muffler, with the convience of an on/off switch at your fingertips :D

60bux for a muffler, 180 for the cutout, 120-150 for the install, and you will have one badass system :rck:

-David

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Never have had any problems with my Flowmasters either -- on several trucks going back as far as 1996. :dunno:

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
I had a Flowmaster on my 04 and had no issues.

I have an Aero Turbine 3030XL on my 08 and it sounds mean. If you're worried about rust, the Aero Turbine is stainless.

Sil

·
Registered
156 Posts
Magnaflow would be your best bet.

I'd had Flows on my cars since god knows.. 1993 - and not one problem. I have had over 10 Flows.. no problem. Love my current one 50HD Series.
I've been youtubin'' the 50 series and I think I might have to go with that. Not too extreme, but definitely better than stock.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I was thinking about the flowmaster 50 but I went with the magnaflow and love it.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
I've ran flowmaster 40 series on every truck/car that ive owned. Never had a single problem. I love flows but agree if you want something loader go with a e-cutout or a Aero Turbine.

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
E-cutout is the best way IMO. I have my stock exhaust with the cutout before the muffler. When I have it closed it is silent but when it is open it will rattle stuff on the walls at my house when my truck is idling in the driveway.:rck:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I do like the e-cutout it is very nice but I would have it if I didn't go to the track once in a while.
Magnaflow gets my vote.

·
4,471 Posts
E-cutout is the best way IMO. I have my stock exhaust with the cutout before the muffler. When I have it closed it is silent but when it is open it will rattle stuff on the walls at my house when my truck is idling in the driveway.:rck:
My buddy is the same way, stock looking truck, stock exhaust... flip the switch and people look for a muscle car lol :rolleyes:

I agree with the Magnaflow though, I just got one installed and its very nice.

-David

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
I just got my flowmaster 50 series and removed the resonator. Im very happy with it. I have the girlfriend and kids, so I cant be super loud. Huge difference over stock exhaust. Ive put flowmasters on just about everything Ive owned, and never once had an issue with FM.
e-cutout someday, for when the kids are not there!

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Gotta love the cutout.

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Gotta love the cutout.
I have to give it DT for the e-cutout. Before I saw it on here i've never heard of them and now its the only exhaust I want.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am getting pretty tired of the flowmaster 50HD drone...it's starting ot make me crazy. after i lifted my truck, the drone went away (3"), but I needed to get my tailpipe replaced, and when it was put back in so it was tucked up to stock again, the drone came back with avengance! Might have to try the magnaflow?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.