DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, has any one figured out how to turn off the dome light timers? I want the dome light to turn on when I open the door, and turn off when I close it...

I guess it would be disabling the courtesy module, but keeping the light...

The reason is that I just got a Viper 5000 system installed, and when the lights stay on, my alarm bypasses a zone

·
Registered
194 Posts
i noticed that since i got my aftermarkert remote starter, which put my lock/unlock buttons onto a new remote, my light stays on longer too....but if i use my factory FOB, the light turns on and off right away with the door or when i lock the truck....i think its annoying, but it doesn't affect my alarm

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I thought I saw it mentioned in a thread somewhere that the timers could be adjusted by the techs. It evidently is in the OBDII programming, so they're supposed to be able to adjust the length of time they stay on

Sheisse, I just realized that was the headlamp delay! :crazy: Mebbe ask the stealership if the courtesy module can be adjusted too?

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
RobMac216 said:
i noticed that since i got my aftermarkert remote starter, which put my lock/unlock buttons onto a new remote, my light stays on longer too....but if i use my factory FOB, the light turns on and off right away with the door or when i lock the truck....i think its annoying, but it doesn't affect my alarm
Same here! Mine used to start dimming after about 5 seconds after the door was closed and since I got my alarm/remote start the light stays on for about 30-45 seconds now. The first time I noticed it I thought I left the dome light on. Oh well...

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
johninaustin said:
Ok, has any one figured out how to turn off the dome light timers? I want the dome light to turn on when I open the door, and turn off when I close it...

I guess it would be disabling the courtesy module, but keeping the light...

The reason is that I just got a Viper 5000 system installed, and when the lights stay on, my alarm bypasses a zone
Your alarm should not bypass the zone but delay the arming of that zone until after the light goes off.Have you tried to let it arm let it sit for a short time and then see if it sets the alarm off when using your key to open the door.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, if I let the lights turn off, it still bypasses a zone, and the inside led flashed 4 times, then pauses, then 4 times again instead of the regular flash.....

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
johninaustin said:
Yeah, if I let the lights turn off, it still bypasses a zone, and the inside led flashed 4 times, then pauses, then 4 times again instead of the regular flash.....
What is the model number of the viper unit you have .
second are you sure that the correct wire is taped into for the dome light and where was it found?

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5000 w/ Responder system......

Don't know the exact wiring set up...I got all the installation instructions from the installer with their instructions from DEI on hooking up to my specific vehicle...i'll check it out later on....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
In the manual it says it is a 30 sec timer, initiated by the instrument cluster. It does not say how to change it though, so I am assuming you will need a scanner to do it.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I messed with it today, when I arm it and the inside light is on, it arms but bypasses the door circuit because it's open at the time....I think there is a way to force arm it w/ all zones....regardless if they're active or not...so i'm gonna try that...also gonna move the LED to the middle of the dash like a european car.....we'll see how this goes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.