Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,All
While I'm fixing electrical problems on The Shadow.Does anyone have a schematic for the dome light circuit or can tell me how its wired??
The fuse is good and the bulb is new but it don't work.My radio memory(aftermarket deck) is wired off that fuse and it holds memory.But no dome when I open the doors or turn the light switch.
It worked up till about a month ago.
Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok.Good fuse,good bulb.I own a test light what do I do with it??lol Were could the problem lie??I would think if it were a bad ground at a switch that one switch wouldn't work.Also I tested for power at the dome light and nothing,but I may not have had a good ground on my test light.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK I hooked up my test light to a positive and tested the negative at the bulb.The test light lit and closing the door switchs turned it off and also the headlight switch worked.So the problem is not in the negative side.
Now the problem is there is no power to the dome light.The fuse is good and also my radio memory is off that fuse and works.
If the wire chaffed against a screw or something it woulda shorted to ground and blew the fuse.
I hate to have to take the headliner and dash out to trace this stupid wire.Especially being as its all taped in friction tape(WHY!!?)Are there spots the wire is known for breaking,connectors etc....??Any typical problems with these cars/dome lights etc..??
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.