DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok whats up all ? Here is my problem now. My truck has had a CEL on for about a week now. I checked the codes and it was 0141, downstream o2 sensor. I just blew it off did not feel like crawling under the truck right now. Well today I was on the express way and started losing power like crazy, hard to do 55. So I pulled off the express at the next exit to check things out. When I step on the gas the truck just falls on it's face. does not stall just no power. If I baby it I can get it up to 50-55 but it takes a long time because if you give it too much gas it just bogs down. No back fire or anything just bogs down like it flooding out or something. I replaced the o2 sensor today and that got rid of the CEL but the truck still falls on it face if you try to get up to speed with out babying the thing.

Any input is appreciated.

Joe...

·
Registered
172 Posts
yes i would say so for SURE! i just went through that and i had the same symptoms. i just gutted it and it runs great now also didnt cost anything! where in lansing? i am in fenton.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I've had good quality work done at

Spartan Muffler
5317 South Cedar
Lansing, MI 48911

if you want to go performance with a Magnaflow setup

Maxi Muffler
125 W. Lawrence
Charlotte, MI 48813

both places have done me right

·
Registered
172 Posts
oh i was gonna say i could do a road trip to help ya. this weekend maybe. what i did was remove the cat from the headers and cut it off at the back part that goes to the muffler. then take a crow bar or steel rod and a hammer and start knocking all the ceramic into small pieces and shake them out. until it is all gone.

or just cut it off in the front and back then replace it with a piece of pipe because we don't have emmission checks here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you want to go performance with a Magnaflow setup
My plans are to go with the Magnaflow cat and exhaust but if there is a way I can get this thing running decent again without spending money right now (work is bad, I hate new home construction) I'm all over it.

Thanks,

Joe...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, got everything running and running good again, What I did was replaced the whole cat system with the Magnaflow system. I bought from the guy Ram Man gave me the link for. I feel he has good prices. I picked the system up from his shop and he sold it to me for $165, the best price I found before him was $206 at summit. I think this has been a problem for quite some time. I'm trying to figure out where all this power came from. My muffler was looking pretty bad also so I bought a cheap cherry bomb turbo until I can afford to do a good cat back system. I will post a sound clip soon to let everyone know what the cherry bomb sounds like on a 5.2 Ram soon. Here is a pic of the Magnaflow system I bought. Thanks for all the input. Joe...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i was gonna say i could do a road trip to help ya. this weekend maybe.
Thanks for the offer, but I got the truck running Thursday night, being it is my work truck I had to work late on it and get it going. If you are ever in a bind and need some help with something just let me know and I will see what I can do to shoot over to ya, your not really that far from me. My shop and house are just a few mile south of I-69 so it would me a quick trip for me.

Joe...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thats gonna sound real good. You'll love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.