DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stealer changed out defective RAQ radio today (Infinity sound). Wife brought it back. Man it sounds "tinny" to me now. Seems like it sounded pretty darn good before. Sounds like it has no bass, or very little. Any thoughts from you guys? Can't find sub location, like I had in Grand Cherokee.
Thanks
WhiteRam :help:

· Banned
251 Posts
well on the d the sub is located in the rear cargo area on the left side(drivers side). Did you check the settings to make sure the bass is all the way up. Perhaps they didnt plug it in lol... if you still cant get to work bring it back..

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, put bass up all way. Funny thing is that it really does not make much of a make a differnce in bass sound. I am planning on taking it in first thing in the morning. Seems like every time I take my vehicles in to the dealer, they never seem to get it right the first time. Can't wait for them to send me a survey. (Durango has < 8000 miles on it).

There has to be something not connected right. My wife even said she noticed the sound was not right, but you know, women; She did not think to say anything about it after getting car back at dealer. Now I have to go and ream them a new one. Taking the D on a 24 hour trip Sunday. Need that Sirius to be rockin' and rollin'
WhiteRam

· Registered
1,410 Posts
As DurangoGuy123 said, it's in the rear cargo area on the driver's side. If you have one, it's easy to spot. It's an 8" round enclosure.

· Registered
759 Posts
I believe the sub was a separate option. There was an infinity speaker upgrade and then the 384 watt infinity upgrade with sub.

· Registered
1,410 Posts
That's true. I believe the Infinity system without the sub has a 276 watt amp.

· Registered
759 Posts
Yeah, I just checked the sticker from the D and it came with the 288 watt "Premium Speaker" package in 8 locations and was upgraded to the "Premium Speakers with Subwoofers 384-watt amp" The first option was included with the 28G package and the Sub was a $225 option. I know, overkill on the information.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the information. Stealer had to call Sirius to learn whether there should be any sound difference between AM / FM and Sirius. :huh: Found out this morning while waiting for Stealer service dept to open, that there was plenty of bass while listening to FM station. Somehow it would go flat again if I switched to Sirius. . .

Service mgr. finally agreed that Sirius really should sound better than FM. They took a RAQ radio out of a new Durango on lot and put it in my D. Hey, it sounds great again. . . . .Left Stealer lot to go to an appointment. Noticed they airbag light not going off . . . Back to Stealer for third time in two days. After a half hour, got that fixed. They had forgotten to enter VIN into radio, and it screwed up all sorts of sensors, which had to be cleared via computer. Stealer just can't seem to get things done right first time. Can't wait for satisfaction survey to come. . . All in all between my wife's time and my time in last two days, I think we must have lost four hours between waiting and going back and fourth... :VHOT:
Sorry about long post. I don't have the sub after all . . .

WhiteRam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.