DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone actually remember seeing these cars at dealer shows?

I saw the cars at Carlisle a couple of years ago....beautiful!

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
don't think i ever have, but then again, i'm still a young'n. any pictures?

·
'99 Durango SLT
283 Posts
Impressive Line Up...

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Oh yea I raced against some of those with my 340 Dart Swinger! I beat a few too! ;)Then I beat a lot of them with my dealer sponsored 70 Cuda 440 6 pack! :D

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Are you talking about the Rapid Transit show cars that were customised? The ones I've seen were also at Carlisle.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yep those were the cars.....beautiful works of art if you ask me.

Here's a pic of the '70 RR Rapid Transit concept on a magazine cover.

Attachments

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Pictures I took in Carlisle.

Attachments

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay there's the RR and the GTX, but there was also a Cuda and a Duster. Do you have the pics of them? I think the Duster was a bright green.

Unfortunately I didn't take pics when they were at Carlisle a few years back.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Unfortunately these are the only pictures of these cars I have. There are a lot of pictures over the years the I wish I would have taken but you know how that goes. The Duster was green and found in a parking garage of all places.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
That old newspaper ad sure is cool..... check out the specs on some of those cars.... that Sport Fury GT is a BEAST for sure....

I'm not sure which one is the rarest, but the two '70 Plymouths hardest to find are Hemi 'Cuda's and Hemi GTX's.... the 440's are more common but still rare.

The customized cars look sweet too..... I have not seen those before myself.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
The customized cars were part of the Rapid Transit caravan which went from dealer to dealer during the clinics and such the were built to grab attention. I can see why they would!

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Here's a pic of some actual ads from some hot rod magazines that I accuired from some rummages. Uh, the boat ads are not part of the RTS! LOL!

Attachments

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Oh yea, help me understand this. I've noticed that The RTS has only the Plymouth Division. So, the Dodge Division had the Scat Pack cars right? If so, you might want to exclude the Dodge ads from the pic. as far as being part of the RTS.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Scat Pak was Dodge.

Freelantz....actually that is a cover from a magazine (I won't say who) from last month. They were running an article on the RTS Roadrunner. Yes that Sport Fury is one heck of a car. I've always kind of been a fan of the C-body cars.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.