DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got on ebay the other day and found a bezel overlay that covers the surrounding around your gauges on the gen 1's. it looks kinda cool....

i'm wondering if anyone out there makes the white faces for the white face gauge look...also, if they do, is there anyway to go about making the needles red instead of orange??? thanks in advance.

· Registered
476 Posts
I looked for about an hour last weeked and couldnt find any. That silver overlay looks really nice.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i'm thinkin about getting one...it'd be cool to sharpen up the interior on my truck...i just went out to the salvage yard and finally found a new shift lever...the nice thing is its about 2" shorter than what i had before and it makes a world of difference when it comes to making good shifts...i think i'm going to sandblast it and polish it to give it a chrome look...then find a cool knob for it

· Registered
476 Posts
i just went outside and rippped that overlay off my truck, and painted it with this ace hardware Aluminum colored spray paint. It looks just like the pic you posted, Ill let it ddry and post some pics of it when I slap it all back together in a little while

· Registered
476 Posts
well here it is, Im very happy with it. It is a little bit more shinny looking in person. Looks kinda dull in some parts of the pic. If you do it, Just dont forget to mask off where the warning/indicator and turnsignal lights are.

Attachments

· Registered
476 Posts
Nope I just wiped it down with alchol and then just sprayed it with the paint. I dont have any clear right now so i didnt bother

· GenII Dakota
394 Posts
I have the overlay.. Will look pretty sharp when I decide to fork over about $100 for white face gauges.. but you can design your own gauges at the following address...As a matter of fact, I got this address when I got the overlay and decided to check it out

http://speedhut.com

they have some really nice options such as glow color and such.. worth the money if you're looking for something unique.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks a lot, jason...thats exactly what i want...well almost...i have the 110 speedo lol...just emailed them to check for availability...i might see if they have the carbon fiber overlay also.

· Registered
384 Posts
88dakota4X4 said:
well here it is, Im very happy with it. It is a little bit more shinny looking in person. Looks kinda dull in some parts of the pic. If you do it, Just dont forget to mask off where the warning/indicator and turnsignal lights are.

Now That's Awesome!!! You'd better believe that'll happen before I put the guage cluster back into my Dakota Project! Thanks for the idea!

· Registered
476 Posts
awesome glad you like it!

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i like it too...i was at that speedhut site, and i'm trying to get the white gauges for the 94 dakota w/ the 110 mph speedo and im waiting for a response to see if they have the carbon fiber bezel for the dakota...if not i might paint it...either way i'll post it here w/ pics when im done

· Stroked & TKO'd
111 Posts
There is another site you can go to, it is procarparts.com. Here you can get white face gauges for gen I dakotas with the tacho gauge. I don't beleive they make them for the dakota with the huge fuel gauge, next to the speedo. Anyways check them out, it goes for around $40-50 shipped. Hope this helps out as well.

On a side note, that sprayed bessel looks great, nice work.

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.