DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 came with an open diff so I wanna put in a LSD there. I'm thinking of someting similar to the TracLock, like a piece that you can insert in the existing open diff instead of replacing the whole unit. Something that doesn't cost a bank. Anyone?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
which rearend do you have?

9.25 with 3.55 or 3.92?
10.5 with 3.73 or 4.10?
11.5 with 3.73 or 4.10?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The Trac-lock, isn't that a Dana product? We don't have Dana axels anymore and if it worked you woul have to take the whole thing apart. you might be thinking of a Lockright, which goes in the carrier you have now, is an easy install but it's a locker not a limited slip. road manners are not so good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chauncy said:
which rearend do you have?

9.25 with 3.55 or 3.92?
10.5 with 3.73 or 4.10?
11.5 with 3.73 or 4.10?
umm... I don't know??? Whatever comes default? I didn't specify it when I was buying the truck. :WHT:

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I have 9.25 with 3.55 and wish I had 9.25 with 4.10 LSD

If you don't know what you have, look for a sticker in the glovebox.

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Check out the power-trax lock right or an Auburn Limited Slip. Both can be had for under $400. I see from your other posts that you have a 1500. You have a 9.25" rear end. Your gear ratio is generally irrelevent in the case of determining if you can run a locker or limited slip. I know Power Trax makes a locker for the 9.25 and it can be had for under $200.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JamesJ2525 said:
Check out the power-trax lock right or an Auburn Limited Slip. Both can be had for under $400. I see from your other posts that you have a 1500. You have a 9.25" rear end. Your gear ratio is generally irrelevent in the case of determining if you can run a locker or limited slip. I know Power Trax makes a locker for the 9.25 and it can be had for under $200.
THANK YOU!!! Exactly what I wanted to hear!!! You ROCK!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.