DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
you had me scratching my head there for a minute, then I saw the "8". that could be a good alternative to a $47,000 truck. 425 horse would be good!!

· Registered
174 Posts
That would be great....I would be in line to trade mine in.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Nope.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Edmunds is wrong.;)

· Registered
146 Posts
Correct FreeLantz.

In saving the halo car from death - namely the Viper, the sharing of components is a must to ensure profitability. New V-10 engine is currently being worked on as confirmed by one of the engineers for SRT. This means the Ram and two other platforms will utilized the powertrain.

· BORN 1/24/2009 6LBS 14ozs
2,816 Posts
So is there any truth to this because I'm considering getting an SRT-10 QC but this may be a better cost alternative. I just checked Edmunds and they have now updated their site within the past 2 weeks to this:

What Edmunds.com Says: Want a fast Ram but can't afford the big buck SRT-10? Dodge may have the answer with this Hemi-powered sport truck.

What We Know: As part of an expansion of its Hemi lineup for 2006, Dodge is considering a Ram SRT-8. The Ram SRT-10 is currently the fastest member of the Ram lineup, but it high price keeps its volumes low. With a HEMI-powered V8 Ram, Dodge would maintain its position atop the sport truck segment while lowering the price of entry. The Ram SRT-8 is expected to use the same 6.1-liter Hemi V8 found in numerous other Chrysler models so expect around 425 horsepower. As is typical of all SRT models, the Ram SRT-8 will feature a lower ride height, firmer suspension, larger wheels and tires and some additional body enhancements. No word yet on whether or not the SRT-8 will offer a manual transmission like the top of the line SRT-10.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
No truth to it whatsoever, from what I have heard!

· Registered
23 Posts
I was talking to a mechanic where I am having my truck serviced and he told me he just came back from training on the 6.1L and he said the 6.1 would be in the Ram 1500 later in 2006. I really didn't believe him but now since I have seen this it may be true?????

Rcimp

· C HEMI GO
1,996 Posts
All edmunds says is they are considering it. If they are considering it only, they probably couldn't have anything other than a concept by late 2006. It would only work if the SRT-10 gets a refresh to 550+hp so they aren't so close in specs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.