Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I love my new 05 Quad cab hemi, but the standard audio system just isn't cutting it.

I want to put two subs under the back 40/60 bench seat. I am not sure where or what kind of box to get, or what kind of subs would sound the best. I like JL subs a lot, but they are very pricy, but I know they are of good quality. I see here on the forum a few people have 10" w3v2s in their trucks (can you fit w6v2s btw?), but I am not sure what to get. What other brands and models should I get?

I listen to mainly rap, and want it to sound good but be loud at the same time. I want it loud enough where I can be at a stoplight and all the cars can hear the bump if I want them to:)

As for the 6x9 in the front and 5.25" in the back, what do you recommend? What about a 4 channel amp.

As for the sub amp, a friend of mine has a Memphis class d 1100 watt amp with a cap he will sell me for $250. I have heard this is a great deal, so I think I will buy this amp. How does this amp compare to the JL 1000/1? Should I buy this amp?

I prefer to buy all high quality brands and parts for this. I have about 1000-2000 to spend. I want to get the best I can get for this limited airspace I have under the seat. I do prefer to spend as little as possible money wise though, but I am prepared to pay for a good system.

Please tell me what you recommend.

Thank you for the help,
KyleLC23

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think you have a good idea of what you want & like, since you are familiar with JL.

Memphis makes good stuff, even their speaker line is very good, can't go wrong with them.
I would also look into the Diamond line... D3 line of amps and speakers are a good value if you want to minimize cost. The D6 IMO is good enough to compete with (I have) and the D9 stuff for the deep pockets if you got them.

Kenwood's new entry level line of amps & HU are awesome, I have a close friend that sells this stuff & we have been blown away by the new stuff... you got it, I am talking about the Kenwood non-Xcelon line... check it out.

Will all these choices, I'll tell you what is the most important part of it. That is the installation & tuning of your system. The difference of a bad installation is far greater than comparing reputable products from Mephis, JL or DA. You can have kick ass hardware & it can still sound bad;)

So shop around a good installer if you are not going to DIY...

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
For the box I got one off of ebay and it fits perfect (once you take the carpet out) I put infinity 6x9's in the front and infinity 6 1/2's in the rear. They have the directional tweeters so you can tweak the direction of the highs. I also got an alpine headunit. All in all it sounds pretty good!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lucky8926,

Can you tell me which seller on ebay you ordered it from? Also do you know what other speakers will fit (will JL w67v2s or w3v2 fit?)

Thank you,
KyleLC23

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.