1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
408 Posts
get it and some extra piping and make something unique and functional. been done couple times before, do a search..:tup:

Attachments

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
don't pay the money for the aem, or the mopar intake. you can get the ebay knock off for much cheaper and get the same performance

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Or get a cool hood with twin scoops on it and it will feed air right to that puppy!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hemi450HP ran one for a while

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
I have the same one you are looking at and have no issues with it. You cant pull hot air off the engine if you are moving BTW. I recently also bought the K&N cleaning kit and it did everything it was supposed to do.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Does that twin intake sound mean??

2004 Dodge Ram SLT 4.7

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was really torn about buying it but I decided to go the other route and buy the Mopar performance intake. I don't know if its any better but since its made by AFE I know its made well and I got a good deal on it. Thanks for all the pictures and reviews.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
True... not much hot air really when you're on the move.

But that said... it doesn't hurt anything to extend it to fresh air either.

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
I LOVE my dual intake!!! when it starts to get warmer I am goin to run them closer to the bumper, and man is it loud! :rck:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
looks cool

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I was really torn about buying it but I decided to go the other route and buy the Mopar performance intake. I don't know if its any better but since its made by AFE I know its made well and I got a good deal on it. Thanks for all the pictures and reviews.
how much did you pay for the mopar intake?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
I remember when I first bought the truck a had a flat spot between 2000-2500RPM and after the intake it would pull hard all through the gears and RPM ranges. I also did pick up about 2 more mpg but then I added the FM Delta 40 and lost that mpg because I learned how to use the pedal to make it sound off the way I liked. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I remember when I first bought the truck a had a flat spot between 2000-2500RPM and after the intake it would pull hard all through the gears and RPM ranges. I also did pick up about 2 more mpg but then I added the FM Delta 40 and lost that mpg because I learned how to use the pedal to make it sound off the way I liked. :)
2 MPG from just that intake?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.