DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok I am placing my order tonight...Do you recommend 55w or 35w kit? Would 55W kit get to hot for my headlights?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Ok I am placing my order tonight...Do you recommend 55w or 35w kit? Would 55W kit get to hot for my headlights?
For the stock lamps, 35w or 55w are both safe for heat related concerns. Whichever your preference is there please. If unsure, please feel free to contact customer service directly for more assistance if you like:

[email protected]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Guys, I just installed a 55w kit last night. Works great! But, when I activate the solenoid to open the driver door (shaved handles) the headlights flash once. Doesn't bother me but will it hurt the bulbs? Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Guys, I just installed a 55w kit last night. Works great! But, when I activate the solenoid to open the driver door (shaved handles) the headlights flash once. Doesn't bother me but will it hurt the bulbs? Anyone experience this?
2002-2005 model? Its the normal cold-diagnostics the truck does, just you never would have known before as its too short and small a current to allow the stock bulb filaments to heat up and glow. Now you can see it much more apparently. As long as you normally start the truck and run the lights afterwards, it will have no long term effects at all.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yea it's an 03. That makes sense. Thanks man. Like I said it doesn't bother me but it caught me by surprise in the driveway at 630 this morning lol

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Yea it's an 03. That makes sense. Thanks man. Like I said it doesn't bother me but it caught me by surprise in the driveway at 630 this morning lol
Yes, so it should do it when you open the door after it has sat a while or when you hit the keyfob button too.

Welcome!

·
Ryan
197 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and to HID's but I'm wanting to get some for my '07 Ram. I was going to just keep the factory reflective housings because I can't find a retro-fit setup with HID projectors for less than $600 :( Can you guys set me straight??? I'm wanting 55w 6000k's. Thank you in advance.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Hello, I'm new here and to HID's but I'm wanting to get some for my '07 Ram. I was going to just keep the factory reflective housings because I can't find a retro-fit setup with HID projectors for less than $600 :( Can you guys set me straight??? I'm wanting 55w 6000k's. Thank you in advance.

-Ryan
Hi Ryan, we can certainly help you out with that, but there are some options to consider. We suggest contacting customer service to help you out with a package that would work best for you:
[email protected]

·
Ryan
197 Posts
Hi Ryan, we can certainly help you out with that, but there are some options to consider. We suggest contacting customer service to help you out with a package that would work best for you:
[email protected]
Shot you guys an email but forgot to ask if your Retro Kit projectors would allow me to still have hi/lo beams or if its lows only? I know H13 bulbs are "bi-xenon" but how does the hi/lo work in these kits? Sorry for all the newbie questions...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Shot you guys an email but forgot to ask if your Retro Kit projectors would allow me to still have hi/lo beams or if its lows only? I know H13 bulbs are "bi-xenon" but how does the hi/lo work in these kits? Sorry for all the newbie questions...
Projectors are available with bixenon function too, just be sure to ask when they contact you back if its not mentioned.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just installed my Kit and although I have only turned them on at dusk and not driven with them yet, they look super brite.

? I have is on mounting the ballast. I used a piece of double sided tape and zip ties to hold them to the frame rail behind the headlight, like Jeremy did in his write up, and I am wondering if this is how everyone else is doing it and if the zip ties will hold up over time. I used two on each ballast. There seems to be no other good to mount them and I can't see drilling a hole under there at that angle.

Also did not realize that the ballast have a tab for the plug on both sides and originally I had the plugs in backwards and nothing worked. After a call to retro I got them turned around and everything works great so far.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Just installed my Kit and although I have only turned them on at dusk and not driven with them yet, they look super brite.

? I have is on mounting the ballast. I used a piece of double sided tape and zip ties to hold them to the frame rail behind the headlight, like Jeremy did in his write up, and I am wondering if this is how everyone else is doing it and if the zip ties will hold up over time. I used two on each ballast. There seems to be no other good to mount them and I can't see drilling a hole under there at that angle.

Also did not realize that the ballast have a tab for the plug on both sides and originally I had the plugs in backwards and nothing worked. After a call to retro I got them turned around and everything works great so far.
Glad to hear flipping the plug or plugs there did the trick!
Zip ties backing up the tape is good, as the tape has back up in case it ever could fail, although applied to a clean prepped area it should hold just fine. Zip ties are made of different materials, some better with UV light if exposed to sun, some better at low temps, some better at high temps, so it depends on the zip ties if they'll hold up over time. We have some that are resistant to oils and greases and wide temp range if you need some, just shoot customer service an email if you would like some.

261 - 280 of 308 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.