DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2007 NITRO on friday, i drove it for two days and took it in for a new car check up. i sat in the dealership for 5 hours waiting for them to tell me that the radiator is leaking. i checked around at a few other dodge dealers and found another dealer that had the same problem with the first NITRO they recieved.

my concern is that this may be a defect.

has anyone heard of this before?

·
Registered
270 Posts
man that sucks...I like the nitros though...I can't decide on that or waiting to trade my 2500 Hemi in on the srt Caliber

·
Registered
17 Posts
mine has died 3 times one at highway speed (my wife was driving ans i think its cause she has too many keys on her keyring and she bumped it. but the other 2 times it was while backin out of the driveway and pulling into a parking spot(slow speeds). i took it into the shop and they said it may do this while the engine is being broke in . clearances are too tight and they have the idle set real low (emissions crap i guess) . my 05 Hemi did the same thing until about 2000 miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
WTF??? engine too tight,idle set low??? First off, yes the engine is "tight" when new but not enough to cause it to die out. Idle is preset anf does NOT change with age or milage. If it keeps dying out, find a dealer willing to try to diagnose it properly without "it's new" excuses. :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
They are having some problems with defective coolant overflow bottles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.