DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
daughter's car started acting up today. flashing check engine light, minor miss felt at idle, driving generally seems OK. diagnostic check at autozone revealed 300 code for multiple cylinder misfire,302 code for cylinder #2 misfire and some other tranny related code that he said only dealer can read. suggested changing plugs. replaced with bosch platinum plugs at .050 gap, those that came out were about .075 gapped. drove car back to autozone to clear computer and perform another check. while driving thinking it felt better but not just right still. autozone had trouble linking this time then codes 300 & 302 remained, tranny code was gone I think. since #2 cylinder was implicated he sold me a wire for this cylinder only. not sure if there was an improvement at first, check engine light gone. while driving home light returned. the miss is still there. any suggestions on what my process of elimination should be? I am capable mecahnically and own multi meter for tests. any help is greatly appreciated. also, should car be laid up until problem is corrected? is flashing light a major issue? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an FYI on the flashing CEL, I heard from my tech that flashing is the indicator not to drive it. I was throwing the cylinder 3 misfire, but all was good, turned out to be the PCM. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.