DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
desert stomper
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a cheap aem cold air intake for my truck but the dam thing pops off when I overe tighten or apply pressur to the tube or any little thing any ideas also I broke the breather on too of the valve cover how do I know the difference between a breather and a pcv valve :huh::help: and my truck is shaking a little when I stop could that have anything to do with it

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

The tube fitment is a result of bad plastic molding or warped plastic. Try the stock tube as it actually is a real cold air intake, just uses a smaller filter. These engines don't benefit much from expensive aftermarket intakes.

Secondly, the PCV is the positive crankcase ventilation valve and was installed on the passenger side of 98-01 trucks and the driver side of 94-97. The PCV can be removed by hand and has a small ball valve that will rattle when shaken. If replaced, use Mopar from a dealer or online. The breather came two different ways: old school with a filter about 3 inches diameter and a hose going to the intake on older trucks, and just a plastic elbow with a hose going to intake on newer trucks. Since you don't provide any info on your truck I cannot be more specific. Breathers are universal and can be had at any parts store. The plastic ones are very difficult to remove and usually break. I replaced mine with a filter breather.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Ok so I bought a cheap aem cold air intake for my truck but the dam thing pops off when I overe tighten or apply pressur to the tube or any little thing any ideas also I broke the breather on too of the valve cover how do I know the difference between a breather and a pcv valve :huh::help: and my truck is shaking a little when I stop could that have anything to do with it
if i understand correctly, you want to know the difference between the two types of valve cover vents.
the PCV is a metered vent directly leading to a strong vac signal. the pcv will always have a rattle to it. if the pcv is pulled off the hose the idle speed will increase.
a valve cover breather is just a light duty vent and doesnt effect the truck much if it doesnt exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.