DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have fallen behind these past few years on new Chrysler stuff and I have heard about the Hellephant engine that supposedly came out last year. However, I can not find a single example of an vehicle with it (other than the showroom Super Charger) Is this going to be coming into the Challenger/Charger? Is it already old news and I'm just bad at research? If someone could explain to me what the deal is with this engine I would greatly appreciate it. color copies for low cost at 55 printing

·
Red Trucker
2,044 Posts
No, everything you found should have mentioned it is strictly a crate engine you can purchase. You CAN physically drop it into one of those cars, but you will violate all kinds of emissions laws (if you live in that kind of state).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only examples of it that I've seen were transplants into 60's or 70's muscle cars. Brings modern performance to classic platform. Works well with the Mopar ECM and wiring designed for it. Pricey, but it seems to get the job done real well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's a crate engine for racing/off road use, not to be installed in any emission-controlled vehicle. In other words, it's not going to be in any new cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts