Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've posted this on another site, but my problem is not getting a lot of feedback over there. Let's see what you can do.

I have a 1990 Dynasty LE - with 3.3L V6 - and it's stalling when I put it in gear. The car starts just fine and purrs, but jumps and kills itself when I take it out of park or neutral.

On the rare occasions where I can drive it, the car makes strange noises at times, kind of like a rub..or a whir..something like that. I could not pinpoint exactly where it was coming from.

People elsewhere have suggested the vacuum hoses, but to be honest with everyone - I have no idea what to look out for. Feel free to PM me with your email address so that I can send some pictures I took.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
If the transmission has a "lock-up" type torque converter it can cause the engine to stall if it doesn't disengage itself at idle. It's kind of letting the clutch out on a manual shift car with your foot still on the brake. Unfortunately I don't know too much about Mopar FWD automatics so I'm not sure exactly where the lock-up solenoid would be on that car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.