Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen or heard of this??

A Dodge Ram Concept Vehicle that take "Mega" in another direction
For some folks, the bed length on the Dodge Ram pickups just isn't quite big enough. That is precisely what Scott Krugger, Chrysler Senior Designer in the Advanced Exterior Studio thought of when the Chrysler A.E.S. staff thrashed around the idea of designing a really big truck, or in this case, a BFT. The "Big Fine Truck" also called "Built For Towing" will probably have a few more pseudonym's attached to it in short order. None the less, this is one huge truck.

The biggest of Chrysler's 2007 SEMA concept vehicles, the BFT is what happens when designers sit down and come up with how to make a big truck, bigger. The result was taking a Quad Cab Ram pickup with a regular eight-foot bed resting on a 160-inch heavy duty wheelbase frame and installing a regular cab onto the chassis which then allowed for the extending the eight foot bed to a full ten feet!

To make BFT even more true to its moniker, the design team accommodated the dually set up with a SuperLift six-inch suspension lift over polished Alcoa 22.5-inch, 10-lug semi truck wheels and Goodyear tires. The BFT also features full-length polished bed and step rails and a Mopar hood scoop.

Powering the BFT is the popular 6.7 Cummin's turbo diesel engine that has been massaged by Gale Banks to capitalize on the goal of "maximum hauling and towing power". In the end that is precisely what the BFT could be; the king of towing and hauling with a bed capacity that is supreme to all other trucks and a powertrain and chassis that Chrysler consumers can relate to. The entire package, though technically just a pipe dream, could actually be easily migrated into the assembly line and found on a dealer lot near you should the public response indicate that truck folks would actually really like to be the owner of a BFT.

Attachments

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
yeah i saw a pic of this a while back, very cool, but i don't like the quad gasser style exhaust on the cummins. definitely a big fockin truck!

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I understand the BFT was a SEMA show pony. There's been two DT threads with pictures and I saved most of the ones that I liked. If you want me too, I could repost the pictures here for you?

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmcelhannon said:
I understand the BFT was a SEMA show pony. There's been two DT threads with pictures and I saved most of the ones that I liked. If you want me too, I could repost the pictures here for you?
I would like to see them! :D Why don't you e-mail them to me ([email protected]) so we don't clog up the board with OLD NEWS! I know how some people get when threads are repeated....... Thanks David :gr_patrio

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
already saw it on DTR. one of the dumbest ideas i think dodge has ever had. Lets build a truck, call it "built for towing" yet leave no storage (rear seat) inside the truck for your family or pets, or luggage that you want at arms reach. Then to add to the truck lets put dual exhaust on it so it can put all that diesel heat right on the front of your trailer. Then even better, raise it 6 inches so its too tall for a fifth wheel.

Perfect.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
HemiMagnum said:
already saw it on DTR. one of the dumbest ideas i think dodge has ever had. Lets build a truck, call it "built for towing" yet leave no storage (rear seat) inside the truck for your family or pets, or luggage that you want at arms reach. Then to add to the truck lets put dual exhaust on it so it can put all that diesel heat right on the front of your trailer. Then even better, raise it 6 inches so its too tall for a fifth wheel.

Perfect.

LMAO I was thinking exactly the same thing

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
It was just a show truck for SEMA...what better way to show off the elongated bed.Its just ooh and ahhh of initial reaction on the parts,not for production vehicle.This body design will be discontinued in 09 anyways.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
funinak said:
I would like to see them! :D Why don't you e-mail them to me ([email protected]) so we don't clog up the board with OLD NEWS! I know how some people get when threads are repeated....... Thanks David :gr_patrio
You got! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow they should rename it to BMF (Big Mutha .....)

I was watching the History channel and i found out that Chrysler not only produced the Sherman Tank but they also produced the M1-A1 Abrams Tank during the Cold War. It all make sense now, huge tanks change to huge Trucks lol

:rck:

·
Registered
368 Posts
HemiMagnum said:

Perfect.
what he said! dodge needs to come to us for idea's! u know the 94 was designed with a tilt hood then came out without it. i asked a factory rep at a show about it and he said they ran a pole and said to many voted against it and i'm like hell, u did'nt pole me!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That is focking sick! If only I had the need for a small semi I'd buy one.......oh hell I'd get one just to go around pulling people I don't like houses down!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
aside from the pipes... That is one "Bad Fawking Truck"!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.