DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
A couple weeks ago I bought a Turtle Wax Orbital Buffer, but I´m being conservative about its use because of potential swirl marks risk.
I used it only to apply Polish and I got good results. The Buffer is quite heavy though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All by hand.

·
Wreck Em Tech
509 Posts
I detail at a full service car wash and we use D.A. polishers. They don't leave swirl marks due to the random orbit that they move in. They work really well and cut waxing\polishing time in half. We use Auto Magic detailing products. Check out their website Automagic

·
Registered
217 Posts
All By Hand!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Actually both, I Wax by hand and polish with a buffer

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have an orbital buffer I use on open spaces. Closer to the plastic parts I do by hand.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I do it all by hand...buffers are nice but they have to be used properly...if abused, they can do more harm than good...doing it by hand supplies just enough pressure to not harm the paint...

2Hottie

·
Xploded Member
483 Posts
Usually I use a buffer on my own vehicles...if I am doing someone else's vehicle then it's by hand, cuts down on accidents and paint repairs out of my pocket

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like To Do It All By Hand. 3M Hand Glaze Works Fine to Remove Small Scratches & Such and Follow that up With Meguires Gold. Shines Like New Money:drivingz:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mountain Goat said:
I like To Do It All By Hand. 3M Hand Glaze Works Fine to Remove Small Scratches & Such and Follow that up With Meguires Gold. Shines Like New Money:drivingz:
I have the 3M Swirl Remover for dark cars...that stuff works really well!!! I may have to use that tomorrow when I clean up the truck...

2Hottie

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do everything by hand and use a Black & Deker orbital buffer as the final rub down...makes it smooth as glass.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use a battery 6" orbital buffer I bought at BJ's. Works great and doesn't have a cord. And I use it on black.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you are looking for that "wet finish" I highly recommend applying polish with an orbital buffer, then removing it with a microfiber towel. Finish up with a good wax (by hand).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Depends on what the application is. I use a PC(porter cable) poliseher if i have lots of scratches, swirl marks or oxidation. If thats the case Ill use it to apply a couple coats of Meguiars DACP(dual action cleaning polish) or Klasse AIO(All-in-one).... If the surface is pretty clean of scratches Ill use 3M IHG(Imperial Hand Glaze) or Einszett Metallic Polish. After that Ill finish up with a couple of coats of S100/P12S or Vanilla Mouse, depends on what im feeling. Also, I ALWAYS use microfiber to buff out. Wait, thats right, I use MF for EVERTHING!

So my basic rule of thumb is buffer for polishing and paintwork...and hand for waxing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.