Votes: 3 15.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i notched my rear bumper for the exhaust tips to run out the bumper like the 2010's and up do. the exhaust isnt ran yet but it will be done this weekend. what do you think?

bumper3.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper5.jpg

bumper6.jpg

bumper4.jpg

bumper1.jpg

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats as big as i can get the pics

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are in closer then the 2010's. they are 34 inches apart. i dont know what the 2010's are. i just love the look of a notched bumper with the tips coming through the holes

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks a lot better with the notches then without them IMO.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
IMO I think they are too close together. I have a 2009 Ram and the cutouts are further out but I think if you finish those pipes off with a nice rolled polished tip, it will look custom and sweet.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it had 4in double wall polished tips

·
Registered
601 Posts
Im doin that to my 3rd gen. Probably within the next couple weeks. Again looks good man. Its crazy how i was thinking about doin it and you was fixing to do it :) great minds think alike haha

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what size tips are you going to use? when i cut mine, i measured 17inches from the center of the hitch than marked it. and thats where the center of the hole was. than i measured 1 1/2 inches from the underneath the bumper (up) and marked it. thats where i drilled the a little hole then used my hole saw to cut it out. i used a jig saw to straighten out the bottom of the holes. if you need any help when you do it just pm me, text me, or call me 806-678-9307. ill help you the best that i can

·
Registered
601 Posts
what size tips are you going to use? when i cut mine, i measured 17inches from the center of the hitch than marked it. and thats where the center of the hole was. than i measured 1 1/2 inches from the underneath the bumper (up) and marked it. thats where i drilled the a little hole then used my hole saw to cut it out. i used a jig saw to straighten out the bottom of the holes. if you need any help when you do it just pm me, text me, or call me 806-678-9307. ill help you the best that i can
Thats probably the exact im going to do all the measure ments and everything i was thinking 4in bc thats what i had on my last dodge and i loved the look. I was gonna ask you about the bottom how you got it straight lol btw i feel like a dick for asking but whats your name? Lol :) btw thanks man your the best lol

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you arent a dick for asking what my name is. my name is Bret

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i like it. gives her a finished look and looks better than having the pipes hanging under the bumper. like mine

·
Sheldog
123 Posts
Looks really clean, great job.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
not a huge fan i hate to say but i dont like doing something that will be seen on someone elses truck which in your defence is getting very hard to do now-a-days lol but after looking at your pictures it dosent look that bad once you get tips in there i like the fact you put them closer in it kinda goes better with the sports bumper then the chrome one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.