DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday morning i was watching the today show and they had a story about cars being able to be put in gear even in the accessory mode without our feet on the brake. It was sad to hear what happened to a little 3yr old boy. Certainly the mom was the most contributing factor in all of this, but it still makes my heart bleed for the child and parents. I have a girl, but she's 11 and full understands what to and what not to do. But so many of you have really young ones. Does anyone know if this is in our rams and other dodges? Here is the video from that story. There is a brief advertisement before the story.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=C...1&t=m17&f=06/64&p=hotvideo_m_edpicks&GT1=8717

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
no it cannot not happen in our trucks i have tried it at the track and it will lock up the brakes and you are stuck. but dont take my word for it try it urself!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
it dose on my 02 qc there is a sensor switch that links it to the brake switch on the steering colum i found it on accident when i was wirng my lights, it was just hanging down from the colum resting on the kick panel. im the second owner of the truck and took it to the dealer and ask wtf is this and thats what they told me so the truck shifts without the brake pedal depressed but wont shift unless the keyy is in the on postion.......

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
checked mine this morn, and it works(05/5.7), and wifey's 03 accord.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.