DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 set of wheels stolen right out of my driveway. Someone told me about a tilt sensor that you can add to your alarm system. Do they work, or is it something that can be bypassed?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cant be bypassed if you hide them. Basically they are mercury switches like in your home thermostat, tilt it one direction and the mercury closes the circuit and the alarm goes off.

I do not know if they work or not though, but have thought about getting them when I do get my alarm.

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
I believe tilt sensors do work, but you may want to try a proximity sensor (I believe that's what it's called). It's basically like an invisible field that forms around your truck so if anything comes within a few feet of it in all directions, it will chirp, and if it stays in his 'field' for too long, it will trigger the alarm.

The only bad thing about these are, if you have stray cats or any type of animals that roam the neighborhood, or parking at a busy parking lot, your alarm will constantly be chirping/going off. Just another suggestion.

Did you have any type of rim locks on these sets of wheels that were stolen? I personally have 2 different types of wheel locks on EACH one of my rims.

Like they all say though, if they want it, they'll get it. Only thing you can do is try to deter them/slow them down enough to catch them in the action. . .then it's hunting season!! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.