DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the story, purchased the 6 inch lift from ROUGH COUNTRY a few months ago for my 05 QC 1500 2WD. Got the kit professionally installed recently, and noticed everytime I hit a BIG bump in the road the front end makes a hugh SLAM sounds. So I took it back to the shop, and they said its the front control arms. So I called Rough Country and they said, that they know of the problem and that's why they stop making those lift kits. So, I asked what should I do with my truck and they said I should remove the lift and buy another lift from FABTECH or some other company that makes lifts for 2WD trucks, even tho they claim to offer a life-time warranty on their lifts. That's why you should NOT BUY ANY ROUGH COUNTRY PRODUCTS!!! :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
put your stock coils back in with a 2" or 2.5 spacer and you will eliminate the banging issue. You can sell your 3" coils to someone.FabTechs will do the same thing but only on a really big bump or with alot of flex. Its a known issue with 6" kits on 2wds and the clearance of the upper a-frames and coil bucket.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend has the 2WD Fabtech lift and his DOES NOT do the same and we have takin his truck to the limit!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
FabTech is by far the best,and most expensive along with CST but you can only go so far with a 2wd front suspension wise with bolt on NON custom stuff.

I hope you can atleast take my suggestion with replacing your coil with a 2" or 2.5" spacer with your stock coil and at least help solve your bainging issue,and possibly make your lift experience a little better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know your right, but why should I have to change the parts back to stock? When Rough Country f-up their own kit and sold it to the public, plus has a life-time warranty and is doing nothing about it, basically telling me to F-OFF

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
mixwells said:
I know your right, but why should I have to change the parts back to stock? When Rough Country f-up their own kit and sold it to the public, plus has a life-time warranty and is doing nothing about it, basically telling me to F-OFF
YOU are VERY correct in your thinking,and especially if you purchased right from them they should give you some sort of return or something. I agree 110% that they should have caught this problem long ago BUT even when I called them the nite of my install I asked" has anyone complained about the clearance between the a-frame and coil buckets" They responded"No not at all,even one of our employees has one on his truck as the test bed and his is fine".........BUT a couple months after this call I see that they discontinued the 6" kit all together.

All I was doing was suggesting a quick fix to make you happy,as I know this will reduce total lift but not as much as you think and will still clear the tires.

Good Luck in your fight with them and I hope they take care of you.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
mixwells said:
So replacing the coils is the only way to fix the issue, what about bigger control arms?
I was trying myself to fab some "U-shaped" upper a-frames instead of "V-shaped" OR even hand building some upper ball joint risers which would be installed between the top of the spindles and the upper balljoint which would raise the upper a-frame away from the coil bucket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay, now you guys have got me a little nervous. Slammed1/Mixwells, I have this very kit that your talking about and I have had the similar symptoms with the slam sounds, but just thought that was normal (not having any previous experience with lifts). How urgent of a problem is this, with the upper ball joints? I ask because I am seriously considering lowering the truck, but don't really have the money to buy new wheels and tires to accommodate the lowered suspension just yet and don't really want to make any changes until I can afford to do them all. Here's a pic. of my rig with the lift on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
What about trimming the coils down a little bit Brian? Instead of buying spacers and stock coils? Just curious if that would work or be problematic as its a taller coil and all.

KB

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
slammed1 said:
KB,
That is an option also but many guys cringe at the thought so I didnt throw it out there.
.. lol cringe AHHHAHA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.