DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 2500 4x4 long bed club cab with a v10 motor. I've done a couple of maintenance repairs in the past year that i've owned it, but I'm not sure why it rides so rough. The previous owner had front shocks go bad and this ruined his tires. He bought Bilsteins for the front only. I bought new tires and got it aligned, etc.

I have about 55lbs of air in front and 45 in back, but when I drive down the freeway, I feel like i'm gonna get bucked out of my seat. The whole truck seems to porpoise forward and back as I'm driving. When I look over my shoulder at the bed, I can see that it is traveling up and down. I don't know when the back shocks were replaced, but they look old and are not original.

Will new back shocks solve the problem? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to try - I changed my rears today and was "shocked" how bad they were, when compressed with no load they didn't even come back out an inch, just completely dead. Rear probably sits a full 3" higher and rides much better - Waiting on some Bilsteins and I'm going to do the front, can't wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I want Bilsteins back there, too. I wonder if my drum brakes aren't bad as well because the truck vibrates a lot as I come to a stop.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Truck rides soooooo much better, I feel like an idiot for waiting as long as I did. Having bad shocks will stress out and wear the whole suspension, frame, tires and front end, its not just an inconvenience. Bumps in the road that I used to fear and try to avoid I can barely even feel anymore, plus the trucks stance looks healthy again. All 4 shocks were literally gone, not even partially functional.
I'd recommend getting shocks at a local store, if you fall into the temptation to get them cheaper on Amazon and if you have any problems, you will pay for the return [there goes your savings], and you can practically kiss any warrantee goodbye.

Sounds like you got some issues going on and need some diagnosing, if not able/willing yourself then take it to a shop. Sears [if you can find one not closed] offers a decent inspection for a reasonable price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.