DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have mu DMH cutout installed but the nuts barely grab any threads on the bolts...... i used red locktite, is that normal? and shuld i use anything else?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am using the stock one that came with the black y pipe. shuld i cut the bolts out and install longer ones?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Clownboy610 said:
i am using the stock one that came with the black y pipe. shuld i cut the bolts out and install longer ones?
I would just scrap the thick paper gasket they give you and use a thin metal gasket.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not paper it is definatly metal it is about 1/8" thick

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Then I dont know what to tell you. Mine were also short on my QTP cutout, so I just didnt use a gasket, and I never had any leaks. I just put a bead of high temp silicone on the y-pipe before bolting the cutout motor down and it never leaked.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool thanks i think im gonna try the silicone :) and still a ton of red loctite

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i may or else the bolts are only spot welded in in 2 spots on each the back of the Y pip how hard coould they be to knock out?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I know the Nuts have a thin crown.. this is suposed to fit into the slot on your DMH cut out and it will grab more threads.... the only problem I could see is that if you wanted to add an extension to the cut out you would need longer bolts. Im not sure about other cut outs... but if you have a DMH, just make sure the smaller ID end of the nut is the actual contact surface of the nut... if that makes any since.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it actually came with wing nuts...... i swapped them out for regular nuts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Clownboy610 said:
it actually came with wing nuts...... i swapped them out for regular nuts
Thats right... mine did also... the DMH had the special NUTS I was talking about...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

2,395 Posts
Clownboy610 said:
its not paper it is definatly metal it is about 1/8" thick
Are they heavy?? just making sure you arent trying to use the flanges they send with the kit? lol, that would be an honest mistake someone could do.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok everything is on now, and working great! thanks 4 all the help i was just wondering what u all used to keep the bolts in........ i just took a ton of red loctite but was thinkin the heat may affect it? just dont want the cut out to fall off

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I am wondering if you may have tossed them out in the box it came in. The special nuts are in a small zip lock bag. Everything fit on mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.