DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of DJM lowering shackles and noticed they hit the spring mount on the inside. Has anyone else noticed this , I was told DJM has sold hundreds of these kits to dealers .

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I think you have them on backwards...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah as Dan said, check them out and turn them facing the other direction. Certain brands have a front/back so to speak, even though they don't mark them. Hope that solves it for ya. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
it looks like they have a notch in them, from a pic I found online anyways, if they do then follow this http://www.slammed1.com/howto.html like everyone stated they are probably on backwards. Check your bolts as well and make sure they are in the right direction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK well i looked at my shackles and like i thought there are no notches. I'm thinking i can machine a notch in them like some of the other brands have.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
OK well i looked at my shackles and like i thought there are no notches. I'm thinking i can machine a notch in them like some of the other brands have.
Just because there is no notch doesn't mean they still aren't on backwards, having a notch only makes it easier to tell. Also, if your bolts are in backwards that could cause a problem as well. Not sure if they can go in backwards but if they could that would be a problem.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I believe they need to turn them around looks like the out board of the shackle is shaped different and the open end needs to face the other way.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
They arnt suppose to hit, Just take 1/2 hour out of your day and turn them around and your problems will be solved.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
they look the same just the angel this is a picture that slammed 1 posted
The angle they are installed isnt the conern, its the clearance on one side vs the other. It obviously isn't hitting by much so if you were to take the picture you have above, take out both bolts, and turn it 180*, keeping it at the same angle but putting that red bushing I can see on the right side of the pic on the left side instead may solve this problem. Either that or a BFH

·
Registered
419 Posts
i had the same problem with my djm drop shackles. i took mine off and turned them around......then took them off and swapped sides and still had no luck, so i ended up notching the corner where you have it circled.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
A little notch solves everything. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's what im going to have to do is notch them. Do you have a picture of yours so i can see what i need to do .

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
too bad u just didnt buy slammed1's shackles ;P

but yeah notching will fix it all.... you should see where its been hitting just notch out the corner... just not tooo much

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.