Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
sounds like a cool project

wish I had all the info, but I don't

Are you planning on swapping an entire front end out of one vehicle and into yours or just the brake parts ?

"Good luck on your project."

and please keep us posted on the progress

·
Registered
386 Posts
I used front brake rotors and calipers from a '93 Intrepid on my '56 Pickup. The piece that the brake shoes slides in and out on is from a similar year Caravan. They all mount to the stock suspension with a bracket I made from 1/4" steel. Of course, I had to remove the drums from my stock hubs and remove almost 1/2" from the outside edge so they sliped into the Intrepid rotors, but that's a small price to pay for disc brakes! I picked up a Wilwood brake proportioner to limit the brake fluid flow to the rear brakes to correct a problem I was having with the rear brakes locking up.

The one thing I didn't do was add a power booster to the brake system. Even so, it's a good step up from the old drums.

Let me know if you want a set of the brackets I made or even a whole setup. Of course, I'm assuming you have the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern like mine. If you have the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (like on my other '56 pickup), then this setup won't work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Haven't forgotten... just haven't made the time to pull a wheel and take pictures. Don't worry, I'll post everything I've got.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.