DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok truck is a 06 w/hemi 59k miles coolant level in the overflow drops about 2inches every few days can't find a leak anywhere can't smell antifreeze truck runs great idles great no smoke and the oil looks good replaced the rad cap last week no change any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got an 04, just turned over 100k. Had the same issue. Turned out to be a leak at the thermostat gasket. Replaced that and been fine since. Hard to spot without a mirror or some contorsion. Not sure if it's a similar problem, that sounds like a significant leak.

·
Biggin
910 Posts
rent a pressure tester and pump the system up and just watch it over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rent a pressure tester and pump the system up and just watch it over.
that makes it even more confusing did a pressure test it held 17 for 20mins never went down:confused:

·
Biggin
910 Posts
wtf really??? Dip test the coolant for combustion gasses.

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
X2

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm having a similar problem.... I have an '04 and when it sits for more than a day I get a little puddle under the center of the engine bay a little forward of the oil pan. So I'm thinking thermostat seal. Don't want to hijack this but what does everyone think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update been driving the truck for 2 days with uv dye to find leaks just got back from my buddys shop no leaks found did a co2 test for bad head gasket came back neg so where can it be going no leak and no bad head gasket:ugh

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm having a similar problem.... I have an '04 and when it sits for more than a day I get a little puddle under the center of the engine bay a little forward of the oil pan. So I'm thinking thermostat seal. Don't want to hijack this but what does everyone think?
i would think if you have a puddle you can climb under your truck and see where it is leaking from in the front of the oil pan it could be thermostat water pump or rad hose

·
Biggin
910 Posts
sure it's not the weep hole for the water pump itself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem on my 04'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.