1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If you list the brand and model # of the dvd player, you will get more help. Some brands/companies are much different than others. I know lots of guys have used the extra harness, while some just find their own hot leads.

KB

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
KB112 said:
If you list the brand and model # of the dvd player, you will get more help. Some brands/companies are much different than others. I know lots of guys have used the extra harness, while some just find their own hot leads.

KB
:hijacked:
Sorry for the highjack but your avatar is great. Very clever!

Highjack finished, as you were.

·
Registered
435 Posts
on my pioneer avic n1, the DVD should only play when in parl. Your supposed to apply the emergency brake so the radio knows the truck is in park. I just took the wire that SHOULD go to the e-brake and grounded it out, worked fine for 3 years. on my work truck (07 GMC Savanna) , I just put a kenwood unit in there. THere appears to be o such safety measure, DVDs play fine, all the time, hope this helps, I hope non ram owner input is appreciated haha

·
15,912 Posts
Hey Guys....I moved this to Mobile AV & E Talk....Hope you get more hits on the info you are looking for. If not it can always be moved back.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Easy way to get around those tickets is to claim that the video on the screen that the cop saw was your rear view camera and not a movie. When the cop goes to court and he has no video evidence they will drop the charges. ;-)

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
It's unfortunate, but here in Illinois, the burden of proof for this type of moving violation is on the accused. You actually have to prove the cop is lying. (Which they never do, right? ) ;)

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
duranged03 said:
on my pioneer avic n1, the DVD should only play when in parl. Your supposed to apply the emergency brake so the radio knows the truck is in park. I just took the wire that SHOULD go to the e-brake and grounded it out, worked fine for 3 years. on my work truck (07 GMC Savanna) , I just put a kenwood unit in there. THere appears to be o such safety measure, DVDs play fine, all the time, hope this helps, I hope non ram owner input is appreciated haha
i have a pioneer and will attempt to try this right now, let you know what it does...

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grounding the cable seems to allow the video to play....only issue now is to figure the player out a little more so it will play when i actually hit play and not through the sub menus....

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
You guys CRACK ME UP!! The new title for this thread should be:
HOW TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS ILLEGAL IN 49 STATES, DANGEROUS, AND POTENTIALLY FATAL

There is a guy here in Alaska that was DRIVING while watching a video/DVD in his truck that hit a couple head-on and KILLED them both!! He is spending quite a bit of the rest of his life under the states supervision. I PRAY that nothing like that happens to you. I just don't see the NEED for this kind of mod.
IF YOU WANT TO WATCH A DVD GO SIT ON THE COUCH!!!

AND joefox, GREAT COMMENT, Easy way to get around those tickets is to claim that the video on the screen that the cop saw was your rear view camera and not a movie. When the cop goes to court and he has no video evidence they will drop the charges. ;-)thanks for the help!! NOT I'm sure the guy here in Alaska could have used you as his lawyer........
I'll get off my soapbox now. PLEASE spell my name right when you flame back your rebuttal ;>)

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
funinak said:
You guys CRACK ME UP!! The new title for this thread should be:
HOW TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS ILLEGAL IN 49 STATES, DANGEROUS, AND POTENTIALLY FATAL

There is a guy here in Alaska that was DRIVING while watching a video/DVD in his truck that hit a couple head-on and KILLED them both!! He is spending quite a bit of the rest of his life under the states supervision. I PRAY that nothing like that happens to you. I just don't see the NEED for this kind of mod.
IF YOU WANT TO WATCH A DVD GO SIT ON THE COUCH!!!

AND joefox, GREAT COMMENT, Easy way to get around those tickets is to claim that the video on the screen that the cop saw was your rear view camera and not a movie. When the cop goes to court and he has no video evidence they will drop the charges. ;-)thanks for the help!! NOT I'm sure the guy here in Alaska could have used you as his lawyer........
I'll get off my soapbox now. PLEASE spell my name right when you flame back your rebuttal ;>)
Too bad that guy was not paying attention to the road. And i highly doubt that will happen here anyways i installed this for my son to stay happy while on the commutes. Didn't have the cash for the in headrest just quite yet so thought this would do. Sorry to have upset your post on where you were heading.

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
the only reason i unlocked mine so it can play while im driving is so the front seat passenger can watch. I have no intentions on watching a movies while im driving. When i got pulled over he asked what was on the screen i quickly switched to navigation mode before he could turn around to get me. so i simply said it was my navigation. I live in Nj where if you sneeze it could cost you a fine with these a-holes running the state.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Honestly I have had mine set-up to play for close to 2 years now. It only gets played on long trips or when the baby is in the truck. I don't look at the screen and watch. I will honestly say I may glance at a funny part. I actually look at the screen less though, since when I have the radio on I am flipping through tracks or folders on an mp3 disc.

But if the driver has it playing for themselves to watch, thats a stupid move.

KB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.