DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the thread about installing daytime running lights and started wondering how hard it would be to disable them. My pick-up came from Canada so it has daytime running lights. Since they aren't required here, I would rather not have them. Does anyone know how I would go about disabling them?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
There should be a fuse in the fuse box under the hood called DRL. Pull it, be merry! The canadian trucks are way faster aye!! :) haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you can't find the fuse, you should also be able to just unplug the module under the hood....these things arent' too cheap, so throw it on ebay and make a couple of $$$$....LOL.

·
Banned
153 Posts
you could just cut the wires and run a toggle switch to the dash so you still have them when you need then thats what i did .

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Just hit the parking brake one click and daytime lights should go off. The only problem then is you have the parking light in the dash staying on. I have been doing this since my 1994 ram and its worked on the last 7 of them including my 2005 I just picked up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That works, but especially on the 05, the blinking brake light drives me nuts!!!

·
Derelict
392 Posts
Magnum Angie said:
If you can't find the fuse, you should also be able to just unplug the module under the hood....these things arent' too cheap, so throw it on ebay and make a couple of $$$$....LOL.
If you unplug the module you lose the highbeam indicator light in the dash -- it's controlled by the module. I think there's a [dealer] plug you can get that replaces the module makes everything work.

Why not run the DRL? They use the high beams at a reduced voltage so there's no wear. They're coming to the USofA too.

BTW the lights are off when the parking brake is engaged.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Road Dog said:
BTW the lights are off when the parking brake is engaged.
I could have sworn I said that earlier :D

·
Derelict
392 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I could have sworn I said that earlier :D
And you can't say it too often.:)

On another thread on another board someone disabled the DRL "for safety reasons." I guess if you're a peeping Tom you don't want the lights to give you away.

In BC the police cars have a DRL disable switch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
All canadian police cars have a drl cut off switch, helps with the secret squirrel stuff I guess.
With that in mind it is not too difficult to wire up a relay and switch from the drl box under the hood, and a switch under the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Not on new ones. DRL is controlled by the PCM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.