DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 sport ram, and was wandering if anyone elses seats got very badly stained at all? i got the truck in march of 06, ad in no time flat all o y seats were completely stained, and no matter what i tried to uset clean it, all it would do i spread the stain out instead of getting it out!!! needlessto say i am not happy at all! i was aso wandering if someone could post a pic of their seats, cuz i noticed that sum sport models have the word "sport" embroiderd in to the seat, and mine doesnt have that, so i'm wandering if i got ripped off sumwhere? any info would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2,707 Posts
06 seat don't have any fabric protection on them..... Lot of people have complained about them on this site

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so is there anything that can be done about it? i still have the powertrain warranty, but i dont think thats guna help me at all. would it be possible to take it back to the dealer and just see if they would install the new 07 yes essentials fabric, since the 06 seating is soo horrible?

· Registered
102 Posts
The dealer will probably tell you there is nothing they can do. Have you tried cleaning them with a good carpet cleaning machine? That or have a detailer clean them. After that is done protect them with a good quality stain protector.

· Registered
796 Posts
i have done lots of research on our seat problem and all that I have come up with is that a few really good dealers might replace or clean the seats for you if your still under warrnt. otherwise the best thing to do is stain it evenly. use a steamer if you have access or a carpet cleaner, like the bissel little green machine type, and clean the whole seat. then you could scotchguard the crap out of it to help for the future. looks like we are SOL on the crappy frabric but the scotchguard should help.

seat covers anyone?

· Registered
854 Posts
Ya like he said!!!

Ok this is the BEST thing that I have EVER used for cleaning. I use it to clean the roof inside, the floor and all carpet, and I personally think it is your best bet!

Get the Little Bissel Steam Clean. It works really good.

http://www.bissell.com/images/Products/14251-L.gif

Then I use scotch gaurd after. Totally the right way to go.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx guys i'll have to put that on the list for x-mas, haha!!! would anyone have an idea of how much it might cost to have the seats rewrapped with the 07 yes essentials fabric, or even have them rewrapped at an upolstery place that specializes in it?

· Master Of The SNAFU
240 Posts
Blue Coral makes an aerosol spray interior cleaner, available at most auto parts stores. It's not like the Armor All stuff with the built-in brush. It comes in a white can with blue lettering, about $7 a can. I have used this stuff on 3 different truck with "seats and carpets that could not be saved". Use a liberal amount, I used a NEW toilet brush to scrub it in. Wipe it with a damp cloth, let it air dry and vaccuum it. My last truck was a 99 Silverado and you'd swear the seats were put in last week.

If this stuff won't work, your seats really are trashed.

Good luck, man.

· 2014 1500 4x4 Laramie CC
431 Posts
I have the same problem, and bought that little bissel machine thinking that would be the solution.

DON'T DO IT!

You see, with any little stain, I would try to clean it and just end up with a big ring around the area I got wet. Picture that all over your seats.

The best solution I found was to use some upholstery cleaner, wait for it to dry with the ring around it, then use just water to get the ring out.

I hate my seats. The drivers seat is all misshapen. The dealership replaced the cushion inside, but leaft the seat, which looks all wrinkled and ugly. I fell like I have a 100,000 mile seat in my 20,000 mile truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.