DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently t-boned in my truck, causing over the $5K of damage which is the minimum before a mark is made on the title. I am leasing the truck as well. Does anyone know if I have to make a diminished value claim or notify Chrysler? Or does Chrysler just take a hit on this one, since I won't be buying it out now that the truck's retail value has dropped significantly?

edit: I own a 3rd gen so could a mod please move this to the appropriate forum?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
djr04 said:
Done :)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
djr04 said:
I was recently t-boned in my truck, causing over the $5K of damage which is the minimum before a mark is made on the title. I am leasing the truck as well. Does anyone know if I have to make a diminished value claim or notify Chrysler? Or does Chrysler just take a hit on this one, since I won't be buying it out now that the truck's retail value has dropped significantly?

Spoke to our finance manager about this and he said, essentially Chrysler does take the hit. If you want to save your documentation of who repaired the veihcle just in case they ask to see it, that would be a good idea. But he said just plan on turning the vehicle in at the end of your lease as normal and there should be no problems.

We may have just discovered another big advantage to leasing.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
the only advantage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.