DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed "Amsoil Severe Gear SAE 75W-90 Synthetic Extreme Pressure Lubricant" in both my front and rear differentials.

I have not been able to drive the truck very much because I also did an oil change and Blackstone Labs found antifreeze in the old drained motor oil. I am slowly working to resolve that issue (cracked head ??) before I drive the truck very much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up using Royal Purple after comparing spec sheets for Mobil etc.. and found Royal Purple blows them out of the water. I noticed a difference immediately after changing just the rear diff fluid, so I went ahead and did front diff, oil, transfer case, and will be doing the trans this weekend. Currently I have experienced a 21% increase in gas mileage. Future plan is to change power sterring fluid, and I already ordered the GLI bearing grease to repack the wheel bearings. Royal Purple is amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used the heavier extreme amsoil in my 2500 v-10. Tow a travel trailer a few times a year. I noticed there seemed to be a difference in the test results when a posi-additive was added......I just added it to mine. Maybe I shouldn't have done that?? I'd be more than happy to change it again this spring, thanks for your help!! Been using amsoil now since 1975.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.