DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my truck parked in very cold temps for awhile, i left it in 4 wd because its been terrible out, and to get where i park i need 4 wd. Anyways, i left it sitting about a week, and i remote started it to warm it up before i got to it. When i got to it i needed to add power steering fluid (whole different problem lol) and with the hood up i noticed that there was fluid spewed all over the pass side and down the frame rail a little. I moved the truck about 40 feet to my drive way (in 2 wd) and left it running (in 2wd) and checked the tranny fluid as well. I didn't actually see the fluid coming out of the tube, but i know it did because it was wet at the tip.

Now, my axle seals are pretty shot, and i did off road alot this summer/fall and went through some DEEP puddles, up to the door with a 2 inch lift deep. I am wondering maybe if the fluid got water in it and froze? or maybe was too thick? but im going to change it tomorrow.. just looking for some insite. Also, what would happen if all the fluid leaked out and i drove in 2wd like that? Just curious because im wondering if its low or not. im a bit scared.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.