sports have the sport hood scoop and the daytona has the srt hood scoop

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
interior trim also

·
Registered
584 Posts
and daytona has a upgraded exhaust...i think borla???

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Unlike the Bees, which were all regular cabs, Daytona's are offered in both regular cab and Quad Cab configuration...... the dealership I work for has several of both right now, in both colors... GoMango and Silver.

The Daytona does feature Borla exhaust........ and the SRT hood is included as well although it is not functional (the way it comes from the factory, at least).

·
Registered
584 Posts
i was riding around today and I figured i would stop by a dealership around here and check out the new chargers. I went over and took a closer look at the Daytonas and saw the NON-functional srt10 hood,...it looked wierd and "fake" with that plastic piece covering the opening up, almost like the bee's hoodscoop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats true on the hood scoop, however you can order the open grill version of it for $19 and make it just like on the SRT. Did it to mine and its nice to vent out some of the hot engine compartment air.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You can't even compare the Daytona hood scoop to the Bee's... they're way different. The Bee scoop is a bolt on (yea yea yea, it's riveted or whatever... it's a GD bolt on!) whereas the Daytona is a one piece hood. That big plastic piece in there... can be removed so air will flow into the engine bay but no, it doesn't direct the air into the intake.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
To summarize:

Daytona:
SRT Hood (can be made functional)
Sport package
Borla Exhaust
2 or 4 door
Wing
Color-match Daytona interior

Rumblebee:
Bolt-on scoop
2 door
Sport package
Black/Yellow interior

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Were the Bee's 4wd as well? I know the Daytonas are, but can't recall if the Bee's are too...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Both the Bee's and the Daytona's can be had in both 2wd or 4wd.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
You can't even compare the Daytona hood scoop to the Bee's... they're way different. The Bee scoop is a bolt on (yea yea yea, it's riveted or whatever... it's a GD bolt on!) whereas the Daytona is a one piece hood. That big plastic piece in there... can be removed so air will flow into the engine bay but no, it doesn't direct the air into the intake.
I wasnt saying the hood scoop looked the same, i meant that the plastic piece covering where the opening should be looked the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.