DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first, just wanna double check, there is a rubber vent tube that ends on the passenger side of the radiator. I'm pretty sure this is for the front diff...if not, what is it for? I only ask because what ever it is for, I have fluid coming out of it. Must have started within the last week. It smells like gear oil so I'm guessing the front diff. Any idea why it is doing this? I kinda wanna fix it soon.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
if it's overflowing, there's too much fluid in the diff - pull the rubber plug, the fluid level should be up to the bottom of the hole. Did you have it serviced recently? Maybe someone overfilled it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the funny thing is, I bought it about 3 months ago and have been driving it. I have not serviced it yet and it just randomly started to do this.

Nick

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
did you have it in 4WD? I'd still check the fluid level - or the vent. Maybe it's clogged

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh no it wasnt in 4wd. I just wipped it down so I'll see if it continues. It still goes into 4wd fine. I'll check the level. Now even if the vent was clogged, then nothing owuld be coming out. Its almost like a positive pressure is happening inside the diff case, pushing fluid up. Doesnt make any sense to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.