DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Country Boy
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 ram 1500 4x4 5 speed manual with the 4.7 My truck currently has 55,700 miles on it. I purchased this truck new. I have a leak in the rear end that I believe is called the rear pinion seal. Its where the drive shaft goes into the rear end. You can see where it has been leaking and spraying around. Is this covered under my 7/70 engine and powertrain? I have kept up with the maintainence as scheduled. Also should I put the stock wheels and tires on before I go in? I currently have my 305/70/17's on. I appreciate the responses.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I would think they would cover that, and it would not hurt to put the other tires/wheels on since you never know what kind of "wiener" the dealer will be ...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes, it is covered and definitely put the stockers back on. Some dealers are real a-holes about that. I wish I had kept my stock wheels just for that problem.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The repair cost should be under the $100.00 deductable. So you will pay for it anyway.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The repair cost should be under the $100.00 deductable. So you will pay for it anyway.
What deductible? I have had quite a few warranty repairs at this point and two of them were minor fixes. I never had to pay a thing. Is that something they do in Canada?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I could be wrong but I think seals will be excluded from that 7/70 warranty. It seems some items such as seals fall off the warranty. I could be wrong and hope so. Good luck.

·
Registered
837 Posts
yeah, now that I think about it on my truck some things are lifetime, some are 3yr/35000 and than some other things are covered under my extended warranty. Gets damn confusing. I do know that some manufacturers defects expire at 3/35 You might run into that actually. Guess you will find out. Keep us posted

·
Registered
660 Posts
I could be wrong but I think seals will be excluded from that 7/70 warranty. It seems some items such as seals fall off the warranty. I could be wrong and hope so. Good luck.
As mentioned in the first couple posts.That seal is covered under powertrain. When you read your Powertrain Warranty it will state "the following parts are covered" or something similiar. Then they will give a list of parts. The failed part must be listed as being covered. If not you pay.
Yes in Canada , Chyrsler powertrain warranty has a $100.00 deductable per repair visit.

·
Registered
837 Posts
As mentioned in the first couple posts.That seal is covered under powertrain. When you read your Powertrain Warranty it will state "the following parts are covered" or something similiar. Then they will give a list of parts. The failed part must be listed as being covered. If not you pay.
Yes in Canada , Chyrsler powertrain warranty has a $100.00 deductable per repair visit.
So basically we here in the US get screwed on Health-care and you Canadians get screwed on warranties, lol what a crazy world we live in.:crazy:

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
My 3/36 had $0 deductable, but the 7/70 had $100 deductable.

·
Country Boy
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it was covered under the 7/70 and I had to pay the 100 dollar deductable. Plus i had to go and do a diff fluid change when i got home cause I was running Royal Purple and these guys put oem stuf in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.