DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many quarts of oil do the diffs hold? I have been told some 2 1/2 and some 4. i was leaning towards 4 but maybe i am wrong. This is the first CTD i have ever had

·
Banned
43 Posts
4 for the rear diff and 3.5 quarts for the front.

I'm using Amsoil 75/110, Mobil is good too!

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
How often are you changing the fluid in the differentails? It seems like a messy job and not sure it is really required? Thx BDX

·
Registered
62 Posts
i bought 7 quarts and ended up with 1 qt and some change left. should be around 1/4 to 1/2" below fill hole to help prevent blowing seals. I thought i should have used more but I double and triple checked

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
BDX said:
How often are you changing the fluid in the differentails? It seems like a messy job and not sure it is really required? Thx BDX
For maintaince B in your owners manual it says every 15,000 miles/every year I believe, A is 30,000 miles. Oil really isn't that pricy, compared to dropping in a diff or something, personally I change every single fluid/filter long before it's required, it's extra security if you plan to keep the truck a long time. I'm not sure if it's a different diff, but I needed about 6.5 quarts for my 01 2500, haven't done the diffs in my 04 yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.