DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried to put front spings from a diesel on a gas powered truck for a couple extra inchs on the front end ?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
It will give you 2 to 3" of lift and a stiffer ride. you could use coils from a v10 also

·
ACE
571 Posts
i did it doesnt ride as harsh as i thought. need a 1" block in the rear now cause its a little higher in the frront now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How about 3/4 ton gas springs on a 1/2 ton. are the diesal springs taller or stiffer

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Not going to much if anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this about 6 years ago. I put springs from a diesel with a plow package in the front, i me allowed to clear 33 swampers about 1 1/2 of lift. I also have a 400 lbs front bumper with a stock bumper I would expect more of a lift

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Man, when I put 3/4 ton springs on my '66 to get more lift, it was the same height but a lot stiffer of a ride... :(

·
Registered
607 Posts
How do the diesel springs compare to the Off-Road package ones? They're about the same height, but are the rates different?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am not sure about the off road package. i don't think it was offered when i got my ram. i was told mine was as tall as it came from the factory in 95. as far as the spring rate, it is a bit stiffer, which was a welcome change, I still thinks it has way too much body roll. it rides well but I have made my truck more and more top heavy over the years and am starting to think about moving to the KORE suspention in the future since my rig is mostly used for camping and towing dirt bike now and will in next few years be come my world travel off road rv (baja and the like;) ) not a big slide in rv camper top just a false floor under the camper shell and a ladder rack for the gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.