DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys but this article in the Oct. issue of DieselPower really got me horny. So you don't have to go out and buy the mag I tried to scan each page of the article. Here goes:

I must say I am jealous. I love my PW but this is an awesome build up.

What is you opinion?

Shay

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude, that thing is awesome. i always wondered who was going to be the first one to do an engine swap. Nice work! thanks for scanning the pages!

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Dayum ... if I had that guy's money I'd BURN mine. Cha-ching.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
it seems to me keeping the dodge 2500 cummins in the truck it came with and putting the power wagon axles under that instead is a much easier swap if you ask me. also notice the road armor bumper...couldnt put the winch on the stock cummins.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think he had more problems switching than he cares to admit though....look at the nice "Diesel Only" label...im assuming the cluster is still a gas cluster...bet the tach works nicely among many other things. Im not saying it isnt sweet as hell...it is... but too troublesome unless you have some serious cash.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
well to buy both, i assume hes got cash. i still think its easier to swap axles then it is motors.

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
I'd much rather add lockers, winch, PW badges, etc. to a 2500 diesel then try to stuff a cummins into a PW. I'm definitely gonna pick up the mag though...

·
...IN A ROW?
478 Posts
Holy crap, that is nuts!!! Soooo freakin cool!!!

Yeah, some of you are right: if any us middle-class mo-fo's wanted a diesel PW, we could buy a 3/4 ton diesel and put on a KORE suspension, warn winch, arb lockers, and try to retrofit the OEM elec. sway-bar-disco's into the ride.

BUT: He now has a second ram p/u that he could stuff that pw's hemi into. AND its already a registered diesel, so theres no smog inspections!!! He could do whatever he wanted to that engine/truck; Like open zoomi's run up through the hood of the truck. So he would then have two bad ass rides.

$$$$$$ must be nice.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Just to clarify things:

If you try to read the scanned pages, he didn't use the engine from the diesel Ram he bought to put into the Power Wagon. He sold his diesel to a friend. He then found a USED diesel engine and tranny combo that had only 3 miles on it from a totaled Ram that fell off a delivery truck.

If you've got good eyes (or the magazine in hand) you'll notice it on the 3rd scanned page posted here.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
thebignasty said:
I think he had more problems switching than he cares to admit though....look at the nice "Diesel Only" label...
Under the picture of the sticker it reads:

"The Power Wagon comes standard with racy white face gauges. This DIESEL ONLY sticker is to remind Ron's wife and kids to use the green pump at the fueling station. Since the engine swap, the family members have been stealing lots of seat time."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seems like a crazy mod to me....I would have loved it if I could have had the PW option on my CTD Megacab....but it will be a lot cheaper to do the mods in reverse with a truck with a diesel to start with. Seems like a project just for an magazine article to me.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Dan2254 said:
Seems like a crazy mod to me....I would have loved it if I could have had the PW option on my CTD Megacab....but it will be a lot cheaper to do the mods in reverse with a truck with a diesel to start with. Seems like a project just for an magazine article to me.

I agree it would be better to make a PW out of a CTD Ram then convert a PW to a diesel PW, I'd hate having the wrong gauge cluster, would have to change it too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.