DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about upgrading to a diesel, and was wondering if any of you know of something that will tell you what tranny/motor horsepower ratings were for that year. I am looking at all trucks from 98 1/2 to 2005. If not could those who have them please tell me what you know about them. Also if there are any known problems for a particular year please share. Also could you tell me what the best tranny/gear ratio combo is. Sorry its so long.
Thankyou.

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it helps alot Thanks for the info. I have been shopping today and have not really been able to find any used ones. I found a 2003 with 24,000 miles for 29.500. But looking at the trade in value on my truck, I don't know if I can afford that much. Do you know how much it would cost to make a good 2nd gen. tranny?

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! You guys are being so helpfull! I found a 2003 H.O. for 27,000. Do you think thats a good price? It has 58,000 miles. Also what are your thoughts/experience with waiting until about October when they really want to move out the current year vehicles. Is this a good idea?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.