DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '03 3500 DRW CTD HO 6 spd with 47K miles. Has no mods and is completely stock. I've started to get an engine shutter when you let off the throttle coming to a stop. I can put the clutch in or out, so it's the engine, not in the driveline. It's not a normal shutter and it is some times louder then other times (sometimes it is almost non existent). There are no driveability, starting or associated running issues, just an annoyance that I don't want. Before I go see the stealer, anybody got any thoughts ? I was thinking about running some type of additive in the fuel system, but I'm wondering what to use. I've always trusted the Lucas products, is there something they make for running in the fuel system ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can render.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I use PowerService fuel treatment. They have the white and gray bottles. The gray one doesn't have any anti-gel in it, but it raises the centane by 6 points (so its says), and the white bottle has anit-gel in it, but it only raises the centane by 4 points. I usually use about half a bottle for 34 gallons, about once a month. I don't know about lucas, but I like the PS treatment. Give it a try, its only like $6.00 a bottle....

Oh yeah, I use the Grey bottle.... Its not cold enough down here for me to use the white one....

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Wal-Mart ...

·
Registered
852 Posts
mitchgmace said:
Wal-Mart ...

I F**ken hate Wal-Mart...... Target...lol...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this should cure what I was talking about, doesn't sound like anything serious to anybody ? Has anybody tried the Lucas Fuel Cleaner on the CTD ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I like the Lucas better than Power Service. My $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There a a few people here who use Lucas and only Lucas, and a few who only use PS. IMO, I really don't care which one I use, its just that you get more bang for the buck with PS. One bottle of PS treats up to 100 gallons. Im not sure about the Lucas. Either one would probably help with your "shuttering".... So which ever on you go with, I really don't think its going to matter, except in you wallet.

On that note, I just checked the Lucas Oil website, and I guess that their fuel treatment is for all engines. Gas, Diesel, etc.... The PS is for Diesel engines only... Im not saying that Lucas isn't good (because I have never tried), but I prefer stuff made only for diesel engines....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like either product will do the trick. Thanks for the replies. I was also looking for some more responses from people that have had the same problem on higher mileage trucks and what they had used in the fuel system. thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.